PDA

View Full Version : Getting everything in place

Buzz Lightyear
22-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Hi all (again)!

EY are going to come and do a pre-inspection ahead of Ofsted on the 6th January and have basically said, they would like everything in place so they know for sure I am ready for Ofsted.

At the weekend, I have bought socket covers, tried to look for the drawer thingy-ma-bobs but no luck and have started to look at safety gates (even though I will need these soon with my own daughter). Also, I printed off all my policies last night and put them into a lovely folder :laughing: DH is going to buy a lock for the cupboard which has all cleaning bits and bobs in so mindees cannot get in there.

Additionally, I mentioned the room I am hoping to use as a playroom (which is upstairs) isn't ready yet and my EY contact said I might not be able to have it as a play room anyway as it's upstairs even though I have a fire evacuation plan. I see her point as it's upstairs and what if the fire was on the stairs but sure I can still register it or is it really not worth the hassle?

What else do I need to do? EY have said I am to treat this as a 'proper' inspection.

Thanks if you have got this far... it's all getting serious now :clapping:

Annie_T
22-12-2008, 03:52 PM
thats good hun

good luck xx

Zoomie
23-12-2008, 04:28 PM
hope the ey team come before ofsted, as I know you have submitted your app.

Best of luck

xx

Buzz Lightyear
23-12-2008, 04:41 PM
EY team are scheduled for January 6th but no word from Ofsted yet.

My friend who had the phone call yesterday about my character reference tried to call them back today but the lady who was dealing with my application had finished and they weren't sure whether that was finished for the day or for Christmas. As they hadn't left her with a reference number, no-one else could speak with my friend about her reference and said they would no doubt follow this up with her again either by another phone call or by writing to her :( Oh well, will just have to wait now but I'm guessing Ofsted wont come out nearly as quick now. Probably just as well to be honest!

kez
24-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Same here i got my saftey gates of freecycle you could try on there, i also found kiddicares drawaer locks the best to buy and also ikeas cupboard locks the best on the cupboard doors, as others just didnt work, the doors kept opening, i also have to buy cable tidy to tidy my wires up, looks like we will be doing it all the same time, my partner thought the next 2 weeks would be his holiday, but hes got a bit of DIY to do as well x x x x

Buzz Lightyear
24-12-2008, 10:05 AM
I've looked on freecycle and it seems everyone in my area is wanting child gates, lol :laughing: as there are loads of requests from people asking for them. I think we've found the ones we like anyway on Kiddicare as they are the anti-trip ones!

Thanks for the tip about the ikea locks, we need to get one for the cupboard under the sink where all the cleaning products live.

Also need drawer catches but DH wants to have a look at them first to see how they work so a trip to Mothercare is needed :D