PDA

View Full Version : My EY Team

Buzz Lightyear
22-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Over the weekend, I received a letter from my EY team to say from now on, at the pre-inspections with Ofsted, they want everything in place ready to mind whether even though you are pre-reg. They want all safety gates in, any rooms to be used set up all ready to go even though no children are currently being minded :( Also, their letter said not to send off Ofsted application yet... whoops, too late - that went last week.

So called my EY team this morning and they have called for an urgent pre-inspection. Well of course, I am no where near ready. Yes all policies and proceedures are in place but my play room isn't ready, I have no toys for mindees although I could use my daughters. But eeeek!! :eek:

So now in a mad panic. Called Ofsted to see whether my application has been recieved, they said not yet but said inspectors generally have a two week turn around from when applications are in.

So got my pre-inspection with my EY-team on 6th January so that gives me three weeks to get it sorted, but bearing in mind, Christmas and New Year are all in there too - gulp! :eek:

Help, help, help! :rolleyes:

chaotic_space
22-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Nothing like a deadline to focus the mind :rolleyes:

You'll be ready in time. One you get started you'll see...it will all just fall into place :)

sarah707
22-12-2008, 03:17 PM
My understanding is that you EY team can only give you advice...

It is up to Ofsted whether you get registered, not them.

So please, take the best of what they have to offer and don't panic about the rest...:D

Buzz Lightyear
22-12-2008, 03:19 PM
My understanding is that you EY team can only give you advice...

So please, take the best of what they have to offer and don't panic about the rest...:D

Thanks hun, the way my contact there was putting it across was like she was going to inspect me also, hence the pressure!! :eek: Can't quite believe this is happening now. I'm actually (exam pending) going to be a Childminder - eeeek!! :clapping: I am so incredibly excited and looking forward to it all. Just need to get myself and the house sorted out now.

I have plug socket covers, on the hunt for drawer thingies, DH is going to buy a lock for the cupboard with cleaning prods in. What else do I need?!?!?

Again, help, help, help!!!

Debster
22-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Oh this is new I didn't think you need everything in place. whats the point of buying putting up gates if you dont mind children of toddler age? my friend was minding for 2 yrs before she need to by a stair gate. I had mine in place due to my own children. don't forget your first aid kit and fireblanket make sure your garden is secure(fence) plug socket cover draw/cupboard locks fire guard if needed corner protectors. I would still check with ofsted whether it all needs to be in place or can you just show them a risk assessment and the items that you will be getting my friend has her inspection on Tuesday 23rd she explained to her inspector when she called that she never had all i place ie fire blanket etc and she said not to worry about it
Deb

Buzz Lightyear
22-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Yep checked it all out this morning with Ofsted and they agreed it now all has to be done before hand for the pre-inspection. My point exactly about the babygates but like you said, will have to buy my own anyway for my own daughter but still, not the point!

Fire blanket... need one of those, not got one yet!!

Sooo much to do in so little time really.

My spare bedroom needs completely changing into a play room even though EY seems to think I wouldn't be able to use it due to fire risks, etc what with it being upstairs :angry:

Pipsqueak
22-12-2008, 04:20 PM
I will second what Sarah is saying - the EY team is there is advise you, they are not the ones who say yay or nay, thats up to Ofsted. Sorry but its a pre-reg - you may decide as yet not to go ahead or Ofsted may not (very unlikely though) give you the go ahead.

sounds like your EY team are trying to be one step ahead of Offy and are going in guns blazing - like Sarah says take what they ahve to offer by way of advice but don't start panicing about it.

x

Debster
22-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Yep checked it all out this morning with Ofsted and they agreed it now all has to be done before hand for the pre-inspection. My point exactly about the babygates but like you said, will have to buy my own anyway for my own daughter but still, not the point!

Fire blanket... need one of those, not got one yet!!

Sooo much to do in so little time really.

My spare bedroom needs completely changing into a play room even though EY seems to think I wouldn't be able to use it due to fire risks, etc what with it being upstairs :angry:

Yes they may well question the play room being upstairs even with a fire evacuation plan. I registered my upstairs rooms for children who need quiet to sleep but Iam starting to wonder whether to de-register when I have my first inspection my friend was advised to do this by her inspector due to fire regulations. But get advise from ofsted when they visit you do not have to register the room its up to you on the day.
Debs

Buzz Lightyear
22-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Just wondering whether it's actually worth sorting it all out then.... I mean, presently, it is my dressing / come spare bedroom as it has a double bed in it. Maybe I leave it as it is, seek Ofsted's advice and take it from there. It was mainly for sleeps 'if' I was to have any unders who have naps still.

Maybe I leave it and can always register it later?