PDA

View Full Version : CRB Checks...

snowbunny
21-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Evening Everyone!

I hope you don't get bored of me asking questions, I'm just so excited etc and I just want to be registered now!!

To speed things up with the CRB checks, would it make sense in me sending off my CRB forms now? Before I've been to my Briefing meeting? I was reading that some of you have had to wait AGES and I thought if i got the forms filled in and sent away now I'd have to wait less time in the future?

Also, does my partner need to fill one out because he lives in the house too?

Thanks ladies xx :)

sarah707
21-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Ofsted have to get the evidence stuff for the CRBs from you (birth certificate, passport info etc) and they will do this at your pre-reg meeting... so you just have to be patient I'm afraid.

Even if you apply for one and pay for it yourself, chances are they will insist on another. My partner had 4 because he works in schools and Ofsted still wanted another when he registered.

Anyone over 16 in your house needs one :D

justthe1
21-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi
Yes, Ofsted insist that they do the CRB check. I had one from Jan this year from my previous employer - but Ofsted would not accept it (new rule started Sept'08), so unfortunately you'll need to wait for your pre-reg visit :(
Sarah x

Hebs
21-12-2008, 09:55 PM
I have an enhanced one for my current job, it was only done in sept this year

Ofsted refused it and insisted on a new one

sas
21-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Evening Everyone!

I hope you don't get bored of me asking questions, I'm just so excited etc and I just want to be registered now!!

To speed things up with the CRB checks, would it make sense in me sending off my CRB forms now? Before I've been to my Briefing meeting? I was reading that some of you have had to wait AGES and I thought if i got the forms filled in and sent away now I'd have to wait less time in the future?

Also, does my partner need to fill one out because he lives in the house too?

Thanks ladies xx :)

im afraid you have to wait and go through the motions as they dont like you to jump ahead you can do your first aid courseit has to be a pediactric course st johns call it the early years course though that will speed things up for you it will cost you about £100 but if you get the grant you will get about £65 back for it