PDA

View Full Version : Free Childcare

Schnakes
25-01-2008, 12:23 AM
This question is two layered.

Firstly - what age is it that children sart to get their nursery costs paid?

Secondly - I got a leaflet through with some other mail from Pampers I think. Anyway, it said that the costs now included childminders. Is that true? If so - how does it work???

Sx

Trouble
25-01-2008, 12:25 AM
i think the age is 3ish
no idea about pampers youll have to let me know when you know:eek:

angeldelight
25-01-2008, 07:53 AM
When will my child be eligible for a free early education place?

A child becomes eligible for a free place from 1 September, 1 January or 1 April following their third birthday

What is the minimum free early education entitlement?

All children are entitled to up to six terms of free early education before reaching statutory school age (the first term following their fifth birthday). Depending on local arrangements for admission to school many children start full time education in school reception classes before reaching compulsory school age. The free entitlement is a guarantee of a free place. It is not a voucher, nor should it be regarded as a parental subsidy.

With effect from 1 April 2006, in line with the commitments in the ten year strategy, the minimum free entitlement for three- and four-year-olds of 12.5 hours a week will be extended from 33 to 38 weeks in all settings.

sarah707
25-01-2008, 07:54 AM
From the term after their 3rd birthday in Cheshire...

I have no idea about what Pampers are saying but I've never heard it... tell me more... :D

angeldelight
25-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Only "accredited" childminders who belong to an NCMA Children Come First approved childminding network can offer early years education sessions. To become accredited the childminder must demonstrate to the network coordinator how they meet the additional NCMA Children Come First Quality Standards relating to early years education. You can read these here.

http://www.ncmaccf.org.uk/Templates/Information.asp?NodeID=90257

sarah707
25-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Ah yes Angel... I hadn't thought from that angle... they won't let us be accredited round here! :D

angeldelight
25-01-2008, 08:07 AM
I have not heard about the pampers freebie

Angel xx

Schnakes
25-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Hi - thanks for the info. One of my parents was asking!!

Im on the waiting list to join the network, but apparently they are limited by numbers. Cant imagine why they would have a numbers system though - surely they want all their childminders to be the bees knees?

Are any of you accredited? TBH Im struggling to get to grips with whats expected of us through the EYFS (I think once we have some proper guidance then things will becaome easier?), so the thought of following yet another set of rules and regulations really doesnt appeal to me at the moment!!!

Sx

LittleMissSparkles
25-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Amy has apparently missed out on funding this year as you have to be 3 on or before 31st March and she was born on 1st April !!!!!!!!!!!

buildingblocks
25-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Amy has apparently missed out on funding this year as you have to be 3 on or before 31st March and she was born on 1st April !!!!!!!!!!!

So she won't get funding then until Sept. Such a shame she misses out by one day

Bella
27-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Hampshire is giving their children 15 hours free education a week, this has been from last September. The children are eligible if they are 3 by headcount day of the term in which you want to make the claim

miffy
27-01-2008, 08:28 AM
When will my child be eligible for a free early education place?

A child becomes eligible for a free place from 1 September, 1 January or 1 April following their third birthday

What is the minimum free early education entitlement?

All children are entitled to up to six terms of free early education before reaching statutory school age (the first term following their fifth birthday). Depending on local arrangements for admission to school many children start full time education in school reception classes before reaching compulsory school age. The free entitlement is a guarantee of a free place. It is not a voucher, nor should it be regarded as a parental subsidy.

With effect from 1 April 2006, in line with the commitments in the ten year strategy, the minimum free entitlement for three- and four-year-olds of 12.5 hours a week will be extended from 33 to 38 weeks in all settings.

Ooooh I'm glad you raised this S. I agree with everything Angel says here but what I want to know is

from September 2008 when EYFS comes in we will all be providing early years education whether we are accredited or not so................where do I get my funding from????

Miffy xx

sarah707
27-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Ooooh I'm glad you raised this S. I agree with everything Angel says here but what I want to know is from September 2008 when EYFS comes in we will all be providing early years education whether we are accredited or not so................where do I get my funding from????
Miffy xx

Yes we will Miffy! And we will have no choice whatsoever in the matter... I have just included this quote in my EYFS planning book that I'm writing at the moment...

Q. Many small providers may not want to provide the EYFS. Will this affect local authority duties to provide childcare places for this age group?
A. Providers will not have a choice about whether or not they provide the EYFS. If they are caring for children aged from birth to the 31 August following their fifth birthday, they will be required to provide the EYFS unless they are exempt.
EYFS Local Authority briefing notes, 2007.

Funding?? :joker:

LittleMissSparkles
27-01-2008, 09:42 AM
So she won't get funding then until Sept. Such a shame she misses out by one day

I know I am gutted Kate x

miffy
27-01-2008, 09:47 AM
So sarah what are the exemptions????

Miffy xx

Rubybubbles
27-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Ooooh I'm glad you raised this S. I agree with everything Angel says here but what I want to know is

from September 2008 when EYFS comes in we will all be providing early years education whether we are accredited or not so................where do I get my funding from????

Miffy xx

I saw this recently in y newsletter (seem to be getting loads at the moment, this was an issue raised, and stated mor einfo to come............................:rolleyes: )

Banana
28-01-2008, 07:39 PM
that really is naff Susan, missing out by 1 day.

Whats a shame!

x