PDA

View Full Version : Quick help needed

miss mopple
18-12-2008, 07:56 PM
I have invited a friend and her 2 mindees and daughter over for play and christmas crafts tomorrow.

Trouble is I have been so busy today I havent had the chance to sort stuff out :blush:

Anybody got any quick and easy ideas?

Between us we will have

2x2yr olds
1x3yr old
1x4yr old

all ideas gratefully recieved :)

carolinel
18-12-2008, 08:11 PM
we made "candles today" I think they look really good.

toilet/kitchen roll
green paint
glitter

red card
orange card
yellow card

shiny card for base
cotton wool

paint and glitter the toilet roll.

cut flame shapes out of card, starting with red then smaller orange flame and even smaller yellow flame. stick them on top of each other then attach to inside of toilet roll

selotape roll to base. glue round the bottom then stick on some cotton wool.

Dead easy and pretty quick too!

Carol
18-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Crackers

sparkle snow paint - from an earlier thread....half a cup of flour, half a cup of salt, half a cup of water. mix and paint on black paper. allow to dry glitters.

my kids love playing with salt putting the playmobil people, cars, animals in pretending its snow.

Carol

Pipsqueak
18-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Reindeer dust - oats and glitter

Snowmen - toilet roll tubes and lots of cotton wool and plenty of glue

Cut out some tree shapes

Collage of the night sky with santa and a sleigh (sure you can find a template somwhere) lots of sliver foil for stars

Doilies cuts out into snowflake shapes

Have fun

Tily Bud
18-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Use 'child led' eyfs to the full ! give them lots of shiny bits, glitter, ribbon , glues and paper then let them create to their hearts content x :D

carolinel
18-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Use 'child led' eyfs to the full ! give them lots of shiny bits, glitter, ribbon , glues and paper then let them create to their hearts content x :D

the other day I left on the table some foam shapes, tissue paper, glue, pens, selotape and paper after a craft activity we'd been doing.

my mindees then sat for ages just creating pictures and pretend pressies, think they had more fun doing that than the organised adult led activity!

miss mopple
19-12-2008, 07:35 AM
Thanks everyone.

Have found some reindeer photo frames to make at the back of my cupboard so we'll be doing those, and have printed some santas to do cotton wool beards on.

Think I will do reindeer dust too, and the rest they can make up for themselves :D