PDA

View Full Version : My buggypod snapped....

tomthumb
18-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Luckily my dd was in there and didn't fall but what a fright!! It also meant that she had to walk all the way home and she has only just started walking!!! Be warned if you ever wanted to get one...Hopefully we can repair.

Elodie

squiggle
18-12-2008, 02:21 PM
this happened to my dd and unfortunately she banged her head on a brick wall.

i would advise anyone never to use one.

i got mine repaired but wouldn't use it again so be careful

xx

Minstrel
18-12-2008, 05:47 PM
wow what a fright you must have had though. I've heard quite a few of these breaking so dont think one will be on my wish list. hope your dd is ok x

jeanybeany
18-12-2008, 07:49 PM
I have one of these and so far no probs (touch wood), hope your dd is ok. I would complain to the manufacturer though especially if fitted correctly and weight ok.

Pauline
18-12-2008, 08:02 PM
I know someone who had a similar problem. I would never recommend using them, they sound like death traps :(

oakie dokie
19-12-2008, 06:57 AM
omg, i have to start using mine again after christmas:eek:

marian
19-12-2008, 08:32 AM
I use one and thank goodness I don't seem to have had any problems with it.......so far:rolleyes:

Had you had the 'pod' long?

Marian x

squiggle
19-12-2008, 01:46 PM
I use one and thank goodness I don't seem to have had any problems with it.......so far:rolleyes:

Had you had the 'pod' long?

Marian x

i didn't have mine for long - about 3 months and hadn't used it much. it was fine till it snapped

xx

jeanybeany
15-01-2009, 01:46 PM
I have one of these and so far no probs (touch wood), hope your dd is ok. I would complain to the manufacturer though especially if fitted correctly and weight ok.

Well, I take it back, mine has snapped today! Thankfully I caught it before the child hurt themselves. I have emailed the place where I got it from not holding my breath though. Really dissappointed as not cheap, hoping I can get it sorted. We will see.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

kindredspirits
15-01-2009, 02:23 PM
:panic: i was about to buy a buggy pod for when i get an extra mindee.... might have to go back to the drawing board and look at slings i think.

HomefromHome
15-01-2009, 02:26 PM
have never found these to be appealing! i have heard of something tho that apparently is like a bike but attaches to the side of a buggy?? anyone else heard about these? would be for toddlers obviously!:)

rickysmiths
15-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Haven't heard of anyone who has used the buugy style attachment, but we saw one a couple of years ago at an NCMA local conference.

The general view was that it looke like a death trap.

miffy
15-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Hope your dd is alright Elodie - must have given you a shock.

I've never used one and don't think I would now having read everyone's experiences.

Miffy xx

Delly
15-01-2009, 04:12 PM
these things are leathal ! the wheel popped off mine last year sending my mindee forward, luckily i mananged to grab her.. it's amazing they are still on the market !!.. :censored:

Andrea08
15-01-2009, 04:17 PM
I had a double 3wheeler and where the front wheel is it snapped and i was left with 3 mindees and a broken pram :eek: some teenagers from local high school came to help me and i had to leave the none walkers with a friend and run home for the car, i was in shock for half an hour and wondered what i would do if i wasnt so close to my friends house?

loocyloo
15-01-2009, 05:59 PM
have never found these to be appealing! i have heard of something tho that apparently is like a bike but attaches to the side of a buggy?? anyone else heard about these? would be for toddlers obviously!:)

hi ... i have one! its great! its called a bibi strolli rider. i bought mine new from ebay, but a few of the baby shops sell them.

it comes with an array of mouldings, so the clip can clamp onto any shape (square/round/oval) frame. the only issue is how far forward your 'upright' frame is at the back, as it works best on a 4 wheeled buggy, but saying that, i have mine on a 3 wheeler!

xxx

FizzysFriends
15-01-2009, 06:04 PM
these things are leathal ! the wheel popped off mine last year sending my mindee forward, luckily i mananged to grab her.. it's amazing they are still on the market !!.. :censored:

People need to report it to trading standards for it to be looked at and possibly been withdrawn.

Polka Dots
15-01-2009, 06:18 PM
When I first read about these I thought what a brilliant idea but in reality the Buggy Pod sounds poor quality and dangerous. I also can't understand why they are still available for sale. Perhaps what his name of Watchdog should get on the case! :eek:

jeanybeany
15-01-2009, 06:27 PM
I know I am waiting to see if I get any joy with the place where I got mine from and I have looked at the revelo site. I think I am going to make a complaint as I have hardly used it and the child that I use it for is only a little dot, not heavy or anything. I'm just pleased the lo is ok, mean't they had to walk home/be carried. I did think it was the best thing since sliced bread but not now, no warning signs just broke. We had only took about 10 footsteps with it today. I would not recommend it now:angry: :angry: Still angry!

Dragonfly
15-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Sorry dont know what a buggypod is????? have a bibi though, dont use it that much, but when I do its fine.

Hebs
15-01-2009, 07:38 PM
i think you all need to email watchdog, they love stories like this :thumbsup: