PDA

View Full Version : contract

lauraleo
24-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi,
I am newly registered childminding and got two children starting next week. I am getting my insurance and stuff organised but where do I get a copy or template of a contract. I am waiting for my NCMA pack which I hear copies are in there, but would like to get contract sorted straightaway.
Not too sure of what need to include, well do but not how to word it. Is there anywhere I can get or buy a template online.

sarah707
25-01-2008, 08:00 AM
If you are going with NCMA you must use their contracts or you are not covered by their insurance... sorry!

Is there anyone local to you with NCMA so you can borrow one until your pack comes through?

Good luck! :D

angeldelight
25-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Yes that is correct

Hope you manage to get it sorted in time

Good luck

Angel xx

lauraleo
25-01-2008, 10:07 AM
thanks for your help. didn't realise that I had to use ncma contract if got there insurance, got there insurance as plan to start minding next week and was going to update attendance records etc.. when pack arrives, but waiting for pack on grant, so my form hasn't even gone direct to NCMA. unfortunately the only other childminder I know at the moment is my sister but she is still in the registration process. I have my final ICP tommorow and we are covering contracts so hope there may be something I can look at there, fingers crossed.
Just want both me and the parents to be clear from the start, don't really want to produce contract 4 weeks later as something may crop up in that time. will keep looking.
thanks again.

Pipsqueak
25-01-2008, 10:35 AM
You can go on their website and order a book of Contracts. How about asking your development officer or support minder if you have one? Any other childminders you know who will give you some sheets out of their books?

Banana
25-01-2008, 11:45 AM
I would advise having a contract written out from the begining. I wouldn't start looking after the children until you had this in place - maybe thats just me. You could always just draw up a temporary contract on the comp and just print it out, just until your ncma contract arrives.

Actually,,,, I have a copy of a contract somewhere that I could email you, you would want to explain that this one would only be temporary and as soon as the ncma ones arrive you should switch to them. With regards to insurance, you are still insured with ncma regardless of which contracts you use... it is if you have a contract dispute that you will not be entitled to the free legal representation that they offer.

If you PM me your email addy I will try and look for that contract and get it mailed to you.

x

katickles
25-01-2008, 12:59 PM
I would advise having a contract written out from the begining. I wouldn't start looking after the children until you had this in place - maybe thats just me. You could always just draw up a temporary contract on the comp and just print it out, just until your ncma contract arrives.

Actually,,,, I have a copy of a contract somewhere that I could email you, you would want to explain that this one would only be temporary and as soon as the ncma ones arrive you should switch to them. With regards to insurance, you are still insured with ncma regardless of which contracts you use... it is if you have a contract dispute that you will not be entitled to the free legal representation that they offer.

If you PM me your email addy I will try and look for that contract and get it mailed to you.

x

Awww thats really nice of you Banana! :)

buildingblocks
25-01-2008, 04:16 PM
If you are going with NCMA you must use their contracts or you are not covered by their insurance... sorry!

Is that right I thought it meant they just wouldn't represent you in court legally.

I use a mixture mainly NCMA ones for the full time/ part time permanent ones (hope that makes sense) but i use my own for occasional care such as X who comes every Tuesday for 2 and a half hours.

Does this mean I am not insured if something happens to them
oh S:censored: T can someone help me on this one please

Banana
25-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Yes, you are insured.

You are just not entitled to free legal representation by them. You have to be an NCMA member to get this also, not just using their contracts

x

sarah707
25-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Yes, you are insured. You are just not entitled to free legal representation by them. You have to be an NCMA member to get this also, not just using their contracts x

I will go with Lana on this one - I am not an NCMA member and she seems to know far better than me what she is talking about! :D

bubbly
25-01-2008, 06:47 PM
It's definitely correct that if you don't use an NCMA contract, they wont represent you if a dispute should arise. I phoned them the other week and that's what they told me.