PDA

View Full Version : Variation Advice Please

lucytownsend
18-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question to see if I need to apply for a variation and if so, what should I write?!

On Mondays only I have Mindee

8.00 - Mindee A (4) and Mindee B (7)
8.30 - Mindee C (3)
8.45 - Mindee B to school
9.00 - Mindee A to pre-school
9.15 - Mindee D (2) pickup and take to creche I run
12.00 - Mindee A pick up from pre-school
12.05 - Mindee D drop off at home (home is just over the road from preschool)

Mum of Mindees A and B is responsible for them if the pre-school/school calls if they are sick etc, as she is only working up the road.

So, would have 3 under 5's plus my own dd for 5 minutes while I cross the road to drop off Mindee D at home.

So, do I need a variation? I think you are all going to say yes, so...

What do I put? Only registered in August so not yet had grading inspection done.

BTW, this will start in mid-January, not happening atm!

oneofeach
18-12-2008, 10:01 AM
I would say yes you need a variation.

Can't help much more than that but I'm sure someone else will be along soon who can.

I would write to Ofsted asap tho as I wrote to them to increase my numbers 2 weeks ago cos I have my mum as my assistant now.

I rang them yesterday to find out what was happening and they haven't done anything about it as yet.

CCJD
18-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Hi, I requested a variation to have 4 children under 5 for 2.5 hours one day a week and it was granted last week (took about 3 weeks until I heard from them.) I have pm'd you a copy of my letter, in which I drew up a grid to show what children I have and when. I explained how in practical terms I would manage with going out/activities/toilet(for the mindees)/eating etc etc . I also explained what would happen in an emergency etc. They did phone me up with one really inane question "could I tell the precise hours of every mindee - but bearing in mind I have told them what hours I would be over and the grid showed am and pm what children were here, I think they were just being pendantic - couldnt possible not ask me ANY questions.
Anyhow - I must have covered everything because all I had to do was answer that one question and it was granted. You might as well - I know it's only 5 minutes but this way your insurance is valid and no-one can busy themselves in your business .

Good luck.

Jules27
21-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Agree with above. Get the letter done ASAP. BTW it will probably trigger your inspection. I got the call the day they received my letter, variation has been granted for January. Letter was sent end of nov and had inspection beginning of dec. have just recieved new certificate this week. Good luck xxx:)