PDA

View Full Version : Risk Assessments

mummyof3
17-12-2008, 08:54 PM
I am trying to write all my risk assessments and I was wondering

1, Do you have to fill them out each day? :eek:
2, Do you need to keep copies of them to show you have done them each day? :eek:

3 - Is there anything else you can tell me about them that I might not already know !!! :laughing:

I always do a risk assessment mentally before I leave the house and on the way to places with my own children anyway but is evidence needed in ink?

sarah707
17-12-2008, 09:11 PM
There are 3 types of risk assessments...

1 for each type of outing, which you check before you go out...

1 for the house and garden, which you need to update as and when and at least annually...

1 for each morning, which you do to show you eg check nothing is on the floor, make sure toys are safe etc.

I'm not sure what you haven't put... have you mentioned territorial swans? :eek: :D

don the duck
17-12-2008, 09:22 PM
i do the above but also do a daily check list on laminated but its not recorded just wiped everyday i do have a blank one in folder

is this right

sarah707
17-12-2008, 09:25 PM
i do the above but also do a daily check list on laminated but its not recorded just wiped everyday i do have a blank one in folder

is this right

There's no right and wrong... just we all try to do our best.

Best practice says that you need to think about how to show Ofsted that you risk assess every day...

Personally I keep my records so I can show an inspector, but I'm not saying that's any more right than what you do ... :D

mummyof3
17-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks for your help :)

Do you all have a spare room for all the paperwork you collect!!!!!:laughing:

miffy
17-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks for your help :)

Do you all have a spare room for all the paperwork you collect!!!!!:laughing:

A spare house would be better! :D

Miffy xx