PDA

View Full Version : Cross your fingers for me - update

katickles
24-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Well i found out today that the lady with the 8 1/2 mth old has found a childminder who can take her straight away so no mindee for me:(

I felt a bit cheesed off as she said she'd talk to her mum who was going to help her out & get back to me & in fact her mum noticed my name today in the library & she told me! I acted really cool though, as she said there we're 8 children on this childminders books (she gave everybody 2 weeks notice as she's giving it up for some reason?), you never know i might get something from there but not holding my breath!

Still feel gutted though, I knew i shouldn't have gotten my hopes up but its sooooooo hard not to!

berkschick
24-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Im sorry it didnt work out for you. I can imagine how upset you are :(

Minnie Minx
24-01-2008, 09:29 PM
oh hun, i'm sorry to hear she went with another minder, i've still got my fingers crossed that you get a mindee soon

xxx

sarah707
24-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Sorry it didn't work out... there will be others, even more perfect out there for you! :D

miffy
24-01-2008, 09:50 PM
That's tough - sorry you're disappointed

Hope you find some more work soon

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
24-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Sorry you didn't get this mindee but you never know what is round the corner.

Hopefully something or rather someone will turn up soon

Carol xx

Pipsqueak
24-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Thats a shame, sorry you didn't get the mindee.

Boy I would love a baby to mind (I am getting rather broody - impression of hubby when I mention it:eek: :censored: ) and its also a pretty long term contract/prospect too isn;t.

I am getting a bit worried, in our area there is a massive slump in people using minders - in 40 minders in our area (on my vacancy lists) about 95% are not running anywhere near full capacity and several are thinking about packing up. My mindee will start full time school come September - which isn;t that far of really and there is no way I will be able to survive the drop in fees to just before and after school wages. I have started advertising everywhere - car, shops, yellow pages (free listing) doing the vista print brochure discounts etc etc....

Hope something else turns up for you soon