PDA

View Full Version : Unfair?????

daisychanschl
17-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi all I am new to here, but I was wondering what your opinions on the matter is.
I am looking after a 6mo and they have had a very bad cough cold etc for 2 weeks now, mum has taken them to Dr who has said just a cold nothing can be done.
So mum has been bringing lo to me, the lo does not play and just cries all day, coughs and sneezes etc. Mum has stopped giving solids as lo doesnt want to eat etc. Now today I have said to mum only bring lo if they OK as yesterday lo spent 8 hours crying on and off (only stopping to sleep) I have two lo myself and we are all now ill with coughs/colds etc. Mum has come back all nasty saying it is just a cold and that she doesnt know why I am asking for lo to be kept home, she said she going to get Dr cert to say lo OK.
I am not saying the lo is ill as in needs meds or hospital or something, but the lo obv is not well as they dont play or interact, cry all day and just want its mum. Her contract is due to end on Friday any way, so not sure what to do here for best as dont want to fall out with mum as she is a friend, but I just dont understand why she is not getting what I am saying, if lo is not well then they need to be kept home. I know she has lots to do this week (she doesnt work by the way, was at uni but now finished for xmas) but surely she cant expect me to look after her ill kid cos she too busy??? Or am I just being unreasonable here? All opinions appreciated.

Lottie
17-12-2008, 02:28 PM
I don't think you are being unreasonable. You are a childminder not a childrens hospital and if the lo is that unwell he/she should be at home with Mum.

I know she has lots to do this week (she doesnt work by the way, was at uni but now finished for xmas) but surely she cant expect me to look after her ill kid cos she too busy???

Surely she can't be that busy not to look after her own child. We are all busy but I think I can speak for the majority in saying that our own children come first. If she is not working and not at Uni then what's the issue. Think she is taking the **** .
Remember your business your rules, if you don't feel this is right tell her. Don't let her muck you around.

a.lmb
17-12-2008, 08:10 PM
u should have sick child but i use the excuse if i come down with the cold i wont be able to work when u need me and u have to pay sick pay to me so in the end u will have to look after ur child

daisychanschl
19-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Well since then I have spoken to her and have found she went to the Dr on her high horse and was told by the Dr that not only does the LO actually have chest infection but also has conjunctivitis(sp?) So at the end of the day I was right to tell her not to bring her. I have spoken to her since and have made her realise that I am self employed and if I or my children are sick I cannot work and therefore dont get paid, I dont have the luxury of being paid even if off ill! But am glad to say all is good once again now! lol
Have a very merry Christmas everyone and thanks for your response xx