PDA

View Full Version : I am so p******d off

Bevbeetle
16-12-2008, 01:20 PM
yesterday a mindee stayed with me shes 9 mum said she had a temp at weekend so could I have her (this was on my door step) anyway nothing wrong with child. This morning they came to door again child says im not fit for school so im staying with you:angry: I said you were fine yesterday the mum says no shes not right yet and *** her brother not going to nursery hes not right :angry: :angry: nothing wrong with either of them . So when she phoned later i said they should be at school and im not happy having them here, she couldnt understand what I was saying.
Since then another mindee mum phoned me school phoned her her little girl fallen at school banged her head needs picking up could I go I said ok but will have to see how bad her head is she replied:angry: i am christmas shopping i cant come back (i thought she was at work)
I feel totally used so fed up want to go to bed and cry sorry for ranting

Twinkles
16-12-2008, 01:25 PM
I would not have the one who banged her head :panic: If school don't want the responsibility then you should'nt either.

son77
16-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Thats awful that she can't be bothered to pick her up, her own daughter who has banged her head and its bad enough to be sent home from school :angry:

Obviously got her priorities right- NOT.

Ruddy parents.

Feel for you xxx

nell57
16-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Not surprised you're mad

If a child not well enough go school they not well enough be at minders.

Hope your day gets better:group hug:

emmadines
16-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Ive noticed this!! every now and again I have one perticular mindee even if mums not at work, ok sometime she wasnt actually feeling well, but then it was mindees lil sybling wasnt well. she's driving me up the wall etc.

this time they had their school nativity, and I caught up with mum and asked if the mindee was to be collected as I hadnt been told. anyway the replay was "well if mindee sees us mindee will throw a paddy"

imo, I want to be with my kids, I want to see what my kids do etc, shouldnt they want to be with theirs???? its a strange world!!

Chimps Childminding
16-12-2008, 02:51 PM
I had a little girl yesterday who had to go home as she wasn't at all well so rang Dad and he picked her up (mum just started new job so difficult). Called later to see how she was and mum said still not good, so Dad had booked Weds, Thurs, Fri off as hols, but he would change it and have Tuesday off instead of friday to save her coming to me!!! OK, but I only have lo on Friday, and they hadn't mentioned that dad had got day off :angry: would have been lovely to have had time off to finish my shopping instead of having to go at the week-end when it is crowded!!! I don't think parents even consider when we manage to get our shopping done!!:angry:

a.lmb
16-12-2008, 02:54 PM
oh gosh i would be feeling the same way as u we are not the parents personal slaves as they think we are. if they not well enough for school they not well enough to be at urs, as for bumped head mum needs to collect from u asap school called her cos they was concerned u are not her parent.hope that helps

sue m
16-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Parents have always been the same, never changed in all the years I've been childminding and I don't think they ever will. As you say, they seem to think for a small fee, we're their personal slaves.

angeldelight
16-12-2008, 04:46 PM
I am not surprised you are fed up

If a child is ill its not your place to have them - if they are unfit for school or nursery you are not the local hospital having them for the day - what a cheek !!

The child who banged her head - next time only answer your mobile and say you are out with the children
Then parents will have to go and collect them selves

Some parents just never fail to amaze me

Angel xx

aly
16-12-2008, 05:53 PM
OMG
these peopl are putting me off lol

Hoep you feel better after the rant ;)

wellybelly
16-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Ladies, our job description in a parents mind is A DOORMAT!

I am a doormat. They turn up late after my husband has just seen them in the co-op shopping, they dont pay but then tell you about the wild weekend they had out on the toen and they expect you to have them when they're kids are ill!

I hate being taken as a doormat but I think I have a tatoo on my head somewhere that says "Im a doormat - go for your life"

Friends are the worst! But thats another story. Far too depressing!

LittleMissSparkles
16-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Ladies, our job description in a parents mind is A DOORMAT!

I am a doormat. They turn up late after my husband has just seen them in the co-op shopping, they dont pay but then tell you about the wild weekend they had out on the toen and they expect you to have them when they're kids are ill!

I hate being taken as a doormat but I think I have a tatoo on my head somewhere that says "Im a doormat - go for your life"

Friends are the worst! But thats another story. Far too depressing!

TOTALLY AGREE :clapping:

I gace out my december invoices yesterday and one parent rang me and said it was more than she thought it would be could she pay in 2 halves of they wouldnt be able to afford any food at christmas !!!!!!!!! she said she could pay the first half on the 22nd as they are getting paid earlier this month than normal, I agreed but said I wanted the rest the 1st week of january I wasnt prepared to wait another whole month as that would make her bill for january big and she wouldnt be able to pay that either iyswim, told her i have mortagage bills to pay christmas topay for etc......

xxx

Pipsqueak
16-12-2008, 07:04 PM
OMG

Nooo don't be put of hun..... for all our moans and gripes there are a many other things that make this job so worthwhile, the moment your mindee tells you that they love you, when a parent unexpectedly gives you a card and box of choccie (or pressie) and tells you how wonderful you are.

For every set of parents that annoy the heck out of us there is another set of very appreciative wonderful parents out there:D

Chimps Childminding
16-12-2008, 07:09 PM
TOTALLY AGREE :clapping:

I gace out my december invoices yesterday and one parent rang me and said it was more than she thought it would be could she pay in 2 halves of they wouldnt be able to afford any food at christmas !!!!!!!!! she said she could pay the first half on the 22nd as they are getting paid earlier this month than normal, I agreed but said I wanted the rest the 1st week of january I wasnt prepared to wait another whole month as that would make her bill for january big and she wouldnt be able to pay that either iyswim, told her i have mortagage bills to pay christmas topay for etc......

xxx

Don't be silly Sparkles, we childminders don't have bills, mortgages etc. to pay, we do it for pocket money!!! :laughing: :laughing:

balloon
16-12-2008, 07:25 PM
OMG

Don't let it put you off, not all parents are like this...

One of 'my' parents is fabulous and so kind and helpful it's untrue. They also always make a point of saying how glad they are that they found me and how happy they are with everything I do for their boys. They're not English, I wonder of that has anything to do with it...

To Bevbeetle: I am not surprised you are angry, how a mother can put christmas shopping ahead of her child's health is beyond me! As for the others, I totally agree that if they are not fit for school then they shouldn't be with a minder (now off to follow my own advice...)

Bevbeetle
16-12-2008, 07:37 PM
thankyou everyone coming on here makes you feel like you are not on your own this job can be lonely

acorns
16-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Parents mmmmmmm. One mindee has just left me probably partly over my taking xmas as holiday (unpaid). Both mindees parents were off for 2 weeks of xmas, mindee grandparents were over from abroad and staying with them and STILL they wanted to send him here for every day he was due. Says alot about the temperement of the child!!!!
My new parents, however, are lovely, would far rather stay at home with mindee than work, but have to. Dad took day off the other week to look after him just because he wanted to - told me to have a day off AND paid me for it. Mum has asked for Jan invoice early so she can pay early, hope they stay with me for a long while.:)