PDA

View Full Version : summer clothes in winter why?

marion123
16-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Its very cold here and yet parents send mindee in just a pair of trousers and t shirt yes they have a coat but its not a very warm one why do they do it ?

crazybones
16-12-2008, 09:37 AM
I have one the same. The reason being - he is dressed in the height of fashion. :rolleyes: He is currently wearing one of my son's jumpers.

Annie_T
16-12-2008, 09:40 AM
poor children, it not warm enough to wear just a t-shirt in doors ...unless stick heating on, tho i still have jumper on with my heating on lol ..(but thats me im always cold)

put a jumper on them - if you got one

chaotic_space
16-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Sometimes its like banging your head on a brick wall trying to get parents to bring appropriate clothing.

I keep a couple of spare jackets at my house that NEVER go home with the mindees. Spare jackets are like spare clothes they are consumed by a black hole as soon as they leave your house :rolleyes:

Hebs
16-12-2008, 09:43 AM
My son will only wear jumpers if forced
He doesn't wear socks
And hardly wears a coat even in height of winter
Lol

Lottie
16-12-2008, 09:47 AM
My sons won't wear a coat even if it's below freezing outside, of course though I win and they do in the end. Think it's a boy thing. :D

I don't think parents 'think' sometimes.

Rubybubbles
16-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Sometimes its like banging your head on a brick wall trying to get parents to bring appropriate clothing.

I keep a couple of spare jackets at my house that NEVER go home with the mindees. Spare jackets are like spare clothes they are consumed by a black hole as soon as they leave your house :rolleyes:

yes!! same here, i have been know to claim things back as they turned up wearing them:eek:

sammy
16-12-2008, 10:10 AM
yes one of mine comes in a t-shirt and the other a string vest, with sandals!! why o why, my kids look like they are on there way to the arctic, where as they look like they are going to the bahamas!!

they are always cold, so they come round mine to defrost!

nannysue
16-12-2008, 10:46 AM
I have one 3yr old who has never come in a pair of shoes that are the right size!!!! All through the summer it was sandals that were so narrow the strap would not do up. Now its shoes that are far too big. She falls over every few yards, on Friday her coat was covered in mud, I told mum it was her shoes but its its like talking to the wall.
Today i took her into Clarks to have her feet measured and she is a size7.5 the shoes she has on are size 12:eek:
She is carried everywhere and the only time she walks any distance is when she is with me.Mum did actually question if all this walking was too tiring her !!

angeldelight
16-12-2008, 10:48 AM
I have one 3yr old who has never come in a pair of shoes that are the right size!!!! All through the summer it was sandals that were so narrow the strap would not do up. Now its shoes that are far too big. She falls over every few yards, on Friday her coat was covered in mud, I told mum it was her shoes but its its like talking to the wall.
Today i took her into Clarks to have her feet measured and she is a size7.5 the shoes she has on are size 12:eek:
She is carried everywhere and the only time she walks any distance is when she is with me.Mum did actually question if all this walking was too tiring her !!

Omg how does the child walk in those poor little mite

That is awful

Angel xx

nannysue
16-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Its quite a struggle some times, I have resorted to putting her in the buggy if we are going to be walking for any distance. But she is a big girl and sooo heavy, so its hard work. I have decided that her Christmas present is going to be some new shoes and to be left at my house. Lets see what mum says about that:D

Hebs
16-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Surely that is bad for her feet

Id be having words with her

Poor little thing

squiggle
16-12-2008, 12:22 PM
When i worked in a nursery all of the spare clothes had spare written on them in permanent marker - massive so parents couldnt miss it. most parents did start to bring spare clothes from home for their children.

x

CCJD
16-12-2008, 02:08 PM
I am sure I have a mum who wants to show me all her daughter's best clothes. She'll often come to the door and tell mindee to show me her lovely skirt or pretty tights or silky shirt once!!!!!! I really want to say "it's lovely but do you know what, I really am not that interested in her wardrobe - I am interested that she can paint and colour, play with her friends on the floor, build snail homes in the garden, climb run and swing in the park - be so busy chatting to her friends round the table that it's ok she missed her mouth a dropped somefood down her top. I am not interested in clothes that stop all the above -save them for the weekend. But instead of saying that I have purchased foot to toe craft suits and gently promoted suitable clothing in all my new contracts again. What a chicken!!!

mushpea
16-12-2008, 02:16 PM
last winter i had a little girl , she was 4yrs old, came to me in a summer dress and little top, mum said she refused to get dressed in sutible cloths so mum brought with her trousers and a jumper, later on we went for a walk, i said its really cold go put your trousers and jumper on, the reply' no i will be warm enough like this' i said ok then. half way to the park all i could hear was I'm cold, my legs hurt. after a play in the park we went home, the first thing she did when we got home was to put on her trousers and jumper
i had another little boy who once refused to put his shoes on when we were going out, i said if you dont put them on youll walk down the road in bare feet, he refused, so he walked down the road in bare feet!! only a couple of steps but enough to make him realise he needed them on!

some times kids only learn the hard way and if we always tell them how to dress and what to wear then how will they learn themselves!

as for parents who don't dress kids appropriatly i've had my fair share of those too, one little chap always comes in wellies to big for him and he can;t walk in them properly, i am so tempted to buy him some for when hes at mine that fit.

a.lmb
16-12-2008, 03:00 PM
oooo some parents ask them to provide a bag of clothes for urs just incase he she gets wet

Shirlwith3
16-12-2008, 04:18 PM
I have one too she is 1yrs old she came today with no bodysuit so when you left her out of car or puchchair her belly gets cold. I have thankfully kept some of Isla's from when she was little to put on her, this same child also arrives in clothes that are dirty. Which is a shame as she is a lovely baby. I ahvve another baby that I ahve & he comes well dressed to well somtimes but has spare cloths too.

Shirl

cuddlybunny38
16-12-2008, 05:36 PM
When my son was little, 16 now, he hated wearing jumpers, coats ect but where ever he went I sent the extra clothing so at least it was there to be used if need be. One of my little ones had on a very flimsy santa dress today as she had a party at pre school (mum did send spare clothes) but as like others lo she didnt want to change then complained of being cold. Still wouldnt change but as indoors wasnt so bad as being out.

Hannahlg
16-12-2008, 07:22 PM
well all our parents allways bring them in suitable clothing and outside coats etc

balloon
16-12-2008, 07:40 PM
My 11YO son has dyspraxia & mild aspergers and doesn't feel the cold at all so I have to constantly nag him to wear warm clothing, lol! He wears shorts out when its only 2 degrees if he can get away with it! :eek:

As for the little ones, I too have a LO who gets sent in really thin clothing in the winter. I actually went out and bought her a thick all-in-one suit to wear outside when she's with me. In the parents defence, she doesn't actually seem to feel the cold though so maybe I'm just being too protective..

The child whose shoes are 5 sizes too big - surely this is neglect?

Squiggle: The nursery I used to work for did that too, and now I scrawl our name across the backs of all my spare clothes in a sharpie marker - I've got everything back so far... (fingers crossed I don't jinx that now)

Hebs
16-12-2008, 07:51 PM
My 11YO son has dyspraxia & mild aspergers and doesn't feel the cold at all so I have to constantly nag him to wear warm clothing, lol! He wears shorts out when its only 2 degrees if he can get away with it! :eek:

my son has ADHD :thumbsup: must be a common thing :laughing:
mark will happily wear shorts and vest tops in the middle of winter, oh and loves getting drenched by the rain

patevans
16-12-2008, 08:34 PM
My son will only wear jumpers if forced
He doesn't wear socks
And hardly wears a coat even in height of winter
Lol

My Nephew is exactly the same and I used to be too!! I only wear a vest top and cropped trousers in doors at min :eek:

LisaH
16-12-2008, 08:42 PM
I have found that the kids who arrive by car tend to be missing appropriate clothing!! Especially a coat. Do their parents think we sit in the house all day long??:)

Hebs
16-12-2008, 08:56 PM
My Nephew is exactly the same and I used to be too!! I only wear a vest top and cropped trousers in doors at min :eek:

and i'm wrapped up as if my heating has gone off :blush:
it hasn't have heating and fire on :blush:

tulip0803
16-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Last year the playschool had to take a child in pretty pink flowery Monsoon flip flops to the muddy farm:rolleyes: (not one of mine who all have 2 pairs of wellies and fully waterproof suits) They had sent letters and reminders and permission forms and reminders and reminded parent on pick-ups!

mandy moo
17-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Im afraid Im a bit of a horder, Ive got clothes and shoes and wellies still, from when mine were babies & upwards, theyre 10 & 7 now, so I have plenty:laughing:
And I get them back, luckily the little girl I mind, her favorite colour is blue, just as well as that was all my boys used to wear back then..
Now all you can get is grungy greys, browns, and black..yuk

FizzysFriends
17-12-2008, 03:35 PM
I rarely have the heating on and don't own a winter coat, Im still just wearing a jacket.

gemhei
19-12-2008, 07:31 PM
My mindee is same, because they bring her in the car they think shes warm enough but they dont think of when we are out in cold in the pram!! :angry: For this reason they dont put shoes on her, shes walking but mum says she doesnt need them, so when we play out in garden i have to lend her DD old shoes ive kept just in case.

One day shes in clothes too small and next they are too big, thats another thing tat winds me up too :rolleyes:

don the duck
19-12-2008, 09:06 PM
my mindee some time arives in a jacket and body warmer. i dont drive and we attend some groups and have to do school runs..

and theres my son in t-shirts, jumpers , coat, scarf and hat......