PDA

View Full Version : Course Cancelled!!!

rachel1
24-01-2008, 06:58 PM
:angry:
:angry:

Can’t believe it, went to Sure Start today to start my Safeguarding Children course and guess what . . . . it was cancelled!

They don’t even have another date booked!

It would have being the start to my road to childminding so I’m a bit down and gutted about it really, im not even sure how long it will be until another course starts
Plus I haven’t had confirmation on the ICP course either! :panic:

I’m getting real down at work n feel like I’m going to burst into tears every time I walk into the office!
Sorry to moan but need to let it all out just seems things aren’t going my way at the moment.

Well I’ve had my moan now; I really hope everything works out in the end. Fingers crossed for my peeps! lol

Spangles
24-01-2008, 07:04 PM
I've got my fingers crossed for you Rachel.

Sounds like you really hate your job so I hope you get things sorted out asap so you can escape. Just remember every day you go in is a day nearer to you leaving!

Why don't you phone tomorrow to chase up your ICP just so you know there's something happening?

Chin up!

angeldelight
24-01-2008, 07:53 PM
I would give them a call also

Hope you get it sorted soon

Angel xx

charleyfarley
24-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Definately give them a call as the last course I was on they didn't confirm your place so it won't hurt to double check.

Good luck

Carol xx

miffy
24-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Agree with the others - you should call

Hope you get it sorted

Miffy xx

katickles
24-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Keep your head up!:)

sarah
24-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi I have just registered as a new forum member, I am not very good on computers, so hope I do o.k. Your message did not surprise me at all. I am currently on the Diploma in Home-based childcare in Southampton, I am half way through it. When I registered to do the course I was told that we would be entitled to a bursary of 600.00 but now told we may not get it.!

Has anyone been told that we should have this level 3 qualification by 2010? because last night I was told that it is now 2015, and that's if the government pass the paper through parliment.....

Also when i started the dhc I was told because I had already done my icp and dcp 2003 and 2004 respectively, I would not have to do the MCQ test, can anyone shed any light on this for me, because I am so confused.!!!
thank you...

With regards to your ICP, you may be waiting around for some time, the government are reducing the funding, so therefore, there will probably be lack of courses on offer.::rolleyes:

buildingblocks
25-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of childminding.

My hubby had his pre reg inspection just before Christmas the inspector had no idea what the DHC was!!!!! Also she didn't copy down all the info she needed re his driving licence (I think) either:rolleyes:

Mollymop
25-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Good luck Rachel, I hope you can get on a course soon. Like the others have said, ring them up and find out when your ICP course is going to start. I finished my ICp course in December and we did the Safeguarding children session when we did the icp. The ICP was 6 weeks long but because of the Safeguarding children session it made it 7 weeks long, so what I mean to say is they included it in with my ICp. I suppose it is different in different counties.

Sarah, I was told, aswell, that all childminders will have to do the DHC in 2010, which didn't go down too well with those on my course!

rachel1
30-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Thank u all for kind words,
Sorry for the anger on my previous post. lol :blush:

Well took your advise and called, im definatly on ICP but still dont know about the safeguarding children.

When i called i had a bit of good news, the lady i spoke to told me they are desperate for childminders in the area i live - so that cheered me up a bit!

Hope u r all well!

Thanks again. X

miffy
30-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Hope you get your other course sorted soon

That sounds good for business if there is a shortage of childminders

Miffy xx

applesmum
31-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi There

Sorry to hear that things aren't going as planned - I have been stuggling to get on courses to as they are all fully booked, however I spoke to my CIS and they recommended that if I wanted to get registered asap that I could complete a child protection "course" on-line on this website http://www.educare.co.uk/11-0-8-.htm
I had to pay for the course but it was only approx £25 and ticks the box for the registration process.
You maybe should check with your co-ordinator to see if you could also do this - it may get you out of your current job a bit sooner!!!:jump for joy:

Hope this helps
xx

Banana
31-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Sorry to hear this!!

What a bummer

x

rachel1
01-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks v much for link applesmum, will definatly check that with co-ordinator.
£25 is nothing as long as it gets me out my current job lol.

Thanks all again!
X:)