PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of this??

Hebs
14-12-2008, 08:25 PM
the after school club my kids used to go to use the main room for childcare
there is "little toilets" in the room (well seperated by a door) but the kids aged over 8 are not allowed to use these and have to use the main toliets which are seperated by a long corridor and means they have to go through reception and they are left to go alone.

this doesn't seem safe to me, and my friend works there and has complained to her manager but no one listens

sarah707
14-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Well over 8s have been going to school for some time and should be pretty independent...

But they still need to be monitored.

I don't ask over 8s to ask permission to use the loo but I do ask them to tell me they're going.

It depends I suppose on whether they in an area where members of the public go... and what the security in the building is like... could they wander into other areas? Could they get out? If they are going out, could a little one sneak after them...?

Could they set up a system of checking them in and out?

Hebs
14-12-2008, 08:35 PM
they have to go through the main reception which isn't always manned

Pedagog
14-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Well a lot would depend on if the building is secure or not.

Hebs
14-12-2008, 09:09 PM
my friend has worked there for almost a year and she doesn't think it's safe, as they have to go through the main reception area which is usually busy as parents sit there when their kids are in different clubs (dancing and jujitsu) so lots of people coming and going

miffy
14-12-2008, 09:11 PM
No that doesn't sound right at all and I agree with your friend but it's a tricky one for her if the manager won't listen.

Miffy xx

Hebs
14-12-2008, 09:29 PM
she cant understand why all the kids cant use the toilet provided (as thats what it was intended for)
i have advised her to make a list of things shes not happy about then to have a meeting with this lady when they go back after christmas, as she is thinking about leaving

miffy
14-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Hmmn makes you wonder whose idea it was for the older ones to use the other toilets in the first place. Was it the manager's or some of the older kids not wanting to use "baby" toilets?

Shame if your friend is thinking of leaving because of this - hope she can try and sort it out before it comes to that

Miffy xx

Hebs
14-12-2008, 09:36 PM
lol Miffy

shes got more "issues" than just the toilet :laughing:

lets just say some of them are the same issues i had that made me remove my children from their care :thumbsup:

miffy
14-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Trust me to get it round my neck!!!! :rolleyes:

Perhaps your friend would be better off with a new job then :)

Miffy xx

Hebs
14-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Sorry miffy

I told her she might be better off out of there