PDA

View Full Version : Pre=reg visit? {wales}

aly
13-12-2008, 11:59 PM
ok rang CSSIW to chec on the progress of my registration and they have had all the checks in so all i'm waiting for is a letter from an inspector to come out.

What happens at this visit? and is there anything I should have/ good to have and impress her with?

Obviously I'm in Wales so I know the process is different to the other regions etc, so if any welsh CM's {mandy etc} could let me know I'd be VERY grateful

tia
x
aly

tulip0803
14-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Hi Aly My pre-reg with CSSIW was September.

As they have all your policies and stuff already they don't need them. Although I had mine out. I had my driving licence and car insurance (business) for her to see. She chatted to me (she was lovely) and then went through a great long list of questions that they have to ask (bit like an interview but friendlier) why do you want to childmind, how would you make a child from another culture feel at home, what training will you be looking to do, type questions.

When she had finished her questionaire we went all over the house. She wanted to see safety equipment (if you have got them put them in position, if you haven't she will ask you to confirm that you have them in writing before you can be registered). She makes notes as she goes around.

Then she will tell you anything that needs to be done before reg - I had to change wording on 2 policies, get insurance (which was part of grant so could not get until after inspection). She will also tell you any restricitions (childminding on ground floor only, children to be supervised outside type things).

She will give you any up to date forms/info and tell you to write as soon as insurance is through and when it is likely that you will be officially registered. As me & cheekymonkeys found their can be a delay again here:rolleyes: After 10 months they decided they needed to see my OFSTED inspection reports & OFSTED were not helping them.

Good luck and try to relax, I was panicking until she arrived but she was lovely and I immediately stopped as soon as I saw her.:D. And you can ask her questions and opinion on things. Our house is old with a strange layout on the stairs so I had the gate out and asked her where she thought was best for the stair gate.

aly
14-12-2008, 02:16 PM
:thumbsup:

we are doing a big clear up today {while listening to xmas music lol} and then I will get my risk assessment form out and then she can see what i plan on doign if not already done etc. I doubt the visit will be before xmas now so I should relax a bit now lol.

thanks again
xx
aly

manjay
14-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Nothing much else to add to what Tulip said!

I was given a list of things to do before my reg was complete, just minor things like wording of a policy and I had to put some kind of cover on a tiny length of radiator pipe. She sent these out in the post and I had to sign the copy and return it once it was done. Once I had done that I received my cert within a couple of weeks

Good luck xx

brightstar
15-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Hi Aly

The Inspector phoned me to make the appointment. Apparently its easier for them. As with the others, she was lovely and it was very relaxed. She did count everything in my first aid box though, and I had to get a few things that were short, including another 3 triangular bandages. They are quite strict, but they realise its a home based environment and make allowances for that. The insurance takes up to 21 days to come back, but can be pushed throgh quicker. Best of luck when the time comes.

Sue