PDA

View Full Version : small table and chairs

carebear25
13-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Hi
My childminding co-ordinator recommended i get a small table and chairs like they have in a nursery but where do i buy one from. Do I really need this?

fiona
13-12-2008, 03:06 PM
hi.... i got mine from the Great Little Trading Company, you can also get them in IKEA, or wait a while and get a little plastic one from most stores. you want something that you can deep clean and has nice edges, if you go for wood make sure it is coated so you can clean it!!! good luck!

LittleStars
13-12-2008, 03:46 PM
If you are near London and can collect, I have 6 brand new blue school chairs suit 2-6yrs approx...which you can have for free...but you must collect, they are to heavy to courier.

Jen

miffy
13-12-2008, 04:46 PM
I use my small table and chairs daily - those children who are too old/big for a highchair but not big enough yet for the dining table have their lunch/snacks at it.

The children also use it for arts and craft work and in their imaginary play it becomes whatever they want :)

Mine is plastic from ELC - Wilkinsons do a cheaper one.

Miffy xx

sarah707
13-12-2008, 05:09 PM
I have a table and chairs from my local school - they were having a clear out.

I find it invaluable for snack, arts & crafts all sorts really :D

jeanybeany
13-12-2008, 08:09 PM
I have a wooden table and two chairs which store under the table. It also has a wooden storage box on coasters which also stores underneath. I use this as a book box. I got mine for free of a mums website but she said it was from Toys r us originally. The children love mine and I use it for snacks, small world play, displays and craft activities.

childmind04
14-12-2008, 09:20 AM
I have two from ikea, one is kept in the play house outside and one indoors, they cost £12.99 with 2 chairs and i painted them and keep a table cover on them :)

sunflower
14-12-2008, 01:38 PM
I got mine from ikea wooden table and 2 chairs, :)

carebear25
14-12-2008, 06:00 PM
thanks for all replies i will see wat i can find.

If you are near London and can collect, I have 6 brand new blue school chairs suit 2-6yrs approx...which you can have for free...but you must collect, they are to heavy to courier.

Jen - i live in lancashire so bit 2 far 2 travel thanks anyway

manjay
14-12-2008, 06:06 PM
I have a folding one that goes away at the end of the day. Not the cheapest but I regularly have more than 6 children so needed something more than the kitchen table to sit at.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-12-2008, 07:08 PM
I use my table and chairs every day. They were £40.00 from a company called Step 2 Step and I didn't put the stickers on and use it outside too.

Chimps Childminding
16-12-2008, 04:06 PM
I have got a plastic picnic table with 2 benches attached (Argos I think) it cost about £25 but it can be used inside or out and I leave it outside at the week-ends!!!!! Children use it for eating, painting, playdough etc.

angeldelight
16-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi
My childminding co-ordinator recommended i get a small table and chairs like they have in a nursery but where do i buy one from. Do I really need this?

I have a small table and chairs only because I have the room now I have my play room

But for almost 18 years I managed with out so personally I would not worry about it

If I did not have my play room I would still use our kitchen table ( which I actually still tend to do a lot of the time anyway )

Angel xx