PDA

View Full Version : Gutted...got to find new mindee

sutherland
24-01-2008, 05:22 PM
My first mindee was due to start Monday, parents came for a second visit and signed contracts Tuesday, so went out and got a pushchair, toys, etc etc................just had a call from mum, her hubby has been posted, and they r moving 18th Feb, she was very apologetic.............she got to give her notice in 2moro. and wont be working now so doesnt need me. Worst thing is though I signed off at the job centre today as I was starting work, now got to see if they can cancel it or I'll have no money what so ever!!!!!

Going to have to go out posting my business cards this weekend to see if I can get some interest..........:(

Michelle

littlesprogs
24-01-2008, 05:38 PM
i think that sounds abit funny the raf are supposed to give 90 days notice for a new posting hubby said that even if it was a quick posting they would give more than 3 weeks notice!

Do you have a settling in period where they can leave the contract early in the first few weeks etc?

I have it written into my policy that for postings i will ignore the notice period if they show me the jpa notice to confirm their posting is valid.

Hope you find someone else soon

Louise x

miffy
24-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Sorry to hear that michelle - you must be very disappointed - pity tou'd already bought some things

Hope you get some more work soon

Miffy xx

sutherland
24-01-2008, 05:47 PM
I have a 2 week settling in period where in this time either party can leave without notice, and as they were starting this Monday I didnt take a deposit when maybe I should have.

Never mind, will live and learn for next time!

I know he's not been promoted, and they only been here about 2 years max....so my only thought is that they put in for a transfer and assumed they not got it??? I know one family in my road are transfering with 6 weeks notice, could have gone earlier but they have schools etc to sort out.

chubbymummy
24-01-2008, 05:48 PM
sorry to hear that
make sure you get in touch with job centre asap tomorrow!!!!!

all the best for the future

littlesprogs
24-01-2008, 05:51 PM
I have a 2 week settling in period where in this time either party can leave without notice, and as they were starting this Monday I didnt take a deposit when maybe I should have.

Never mind, will live and learn for next time!

I know he's not been promoted, and they only been here about 2 years max....so my only thought is that they put in for a transfer and assumed they not got it??? I know one family in my road are transfering with 6 weeks notice, could have gone earlier but they have schools etc to sort out.

still seems abit funny to me but i would advise for next time to add something similar into your policies as me its difficult on raf bases with these types of things. Also make it clear that it works both ways for if you are posted too.

I'm sure you'll have no problems filling your places once you put your business cards through peoples doors.

good luck x

sutherland
24-01-2008, 06:04 PM
still seems abit funny to me but i would advise for next time to add something similar into your policies as me its difficult on raf bases with these types of things. Also make it clear that it works both ways for if you are posted too.

I'm sure you'll have no problems filling your places once you put your business cards through peoples doors.

good luck x

Thanks for that Louise, will def do this and write it into my contracts in future.

littlesprogs
24-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks for that Louise, will def do this and write it into my contracts in future.

Your very welcome i wouldnt have thought about it either but my sister in law knows a childminder in the raf and she lost a few mindees this way and because she doesnt charge them if they get posted elsewhere she seems to get quite a few people interested. At the end of the day i wouldnt want to pay a notice period if its not my fault i have to move so i can imagine other people dont either. Although normally the raf give more notice and then it doesnt matter anyway.

Spangles
24-01-2008, 06:52 PM
I hope you get a new mindee soon and that you get things sorted at the job centre. x

Lou
24-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Sorry things didnt work out, hope you get some enquiries soon x

Rubybubbles
24-01-2008, 06:58 PM
oh no!! Thats a bit of a shock, will keep my ear to the ground for you hun x

katickles
24-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Really sorry to hear that, not suprised that you are gutted!:(

Hopefully something else will turn up soon

x

charleyfarley
24-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Sorry this one didn't work out, hopefully you'll get someone else very soon.

This is the trouble with minding forces children, can be posted at short notice.

Never had a 3 week notice though normally at least 6 weeks.

You will get another mindee soon I'm sure

I'd do a big advertising campaign though

Good luck

Carol xx

sarah707
24-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Not sure what to say that hasn't already been said!

Good luck with the advertising x :D

ruby
24-01-2008, 09:47 PM
just wanted to say good luck

cathy and rachel