PDA

View Full Version : Herbal Remedies

deb24
24-01-2008, 04:08 PM
With the new EYFS coming in in Sept and no administering of calpol are we allowed to use herbal remedies instead or teething sachets?

sarah707
24-01-2008, 04:23 PM
As far as the EYFS reads, no... nothing... zilch... :mad:

angeldelight
24-01-2008, 04:24 PM
I would not risk it any way you just never know

Angel xx

deb24
03-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Asked my tutor she said no nothing is allowed.Going to be fun then ah?

ChocolateChip
15-02-2008, 11:47 AM
I spoke to Ofsted on Monday as the chap said that that was one of the things that was definitely going to change, so we could give whatever the parents had signed for.
Hope that helps,
Nikki.:)

sarah707
15-02-2008, 11:55 AM
I spoke to Ofsted on Monday as the chap said that that was one of the things that was definitely going to change, so we could give whatever the parents had signed for.
Hope that helps,
Nikki.:)

We live in hope! Waiting for the revisions to come out before I absolutely believe anything Ofsted say though! :laughing:

deeb66
15-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Me too Sarah

You know how reliable these people are on the phone.....NOT :rolleyes:

buildingblocks
01-03-2008, 01:53 PM
As far as the EYFS reads, no... nothing... zilch... :mad:

well b:censored: y Ofsted/government can spend all day with 7mth old who is teeething then instead of me then and see how soon they change it lol

Spangles
01-03-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm sure I was told that this was probably going to change so I'm not going to worry about it unless I need to! This is my new philosophy, mainly for use with EYFS matters! Ha ha!

Heaven Scent
01-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry but I would be more dubious about jusing herbal and alternative remedies on other peoples children as theyare not so thoroughly tested as regular remedies. Don't get me wrong I have used them on myself and my own children I just wouldn't be so happy to use them on other peoples children unless they gave them to me with strict instructions in writing.

Also whats all this about even teething gel needing a prescription the NHS will be inundated with distraught parents who've had to take a day off to get a prescription for their poor unfortunate baby who is teething just so they can get a load of abuse for wasteing doctors time looking for a prescription for something thats readily available over the counter - I'm also sure the NHS funds would soon become exhausted if they have to pay for all these freely available remedies - the mind boggles - kyes it all needs sorting out an quickly. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Celine