PDA

View Full Version : Complained about parking

jeanybeany
11-12-2008, 07:07 PM
I have just been to speak to the headteacher at school as the pavement is constantly blocked by parked cars and 2night parents sat in their cars and watched me take my 3 children (2 mindees) out into the road to get round them:angry: :angry: :angry: as I could not get the pushchair down past them. Got very cross as it is starting to get on my nerves as it's the same people and they see me with the children every day. Well the community support officers were there as well, so they are going to monitor it 2morrow and over the next few weeks at school times to try and stop them causing an obstruction. I explained it's not safe and they should have more consideration! The road is very busy especially at that time of night. It has been slowly getting me riled and today was the icing on the cake. Would you have done the same? The parents will know it's me that has complained!!!!!!!!!!! Don't want to get anyone in trouble but more importantly don't want to put the children in my care at risk, including my own. I was so :mad: Will have to see if it improves now.

singlewiththree
11-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Well done! you have definately done the right thing!

It riles me as well, even when I take the car I park in a pub carpark on the other side of the road from school and walk across and its always the same people sat half on the pavement blocking the road and it really narks me as they usually just have one junior who runs out and hops in the car while the rest of us have double buggies and others in tow and I'm not even minding yet.

crazybones
11-12-2008, 07:15 PM
You have done the right thing. I have had a problem all week as the gas board have dug a hole in the pavement and just left it cordoned off but the people in their cars dont think to leave a gap and I have had to turn round 3 times and go back, cross over, walk past the school and come back on myself. I must admit to forcing my way past one day and knocking off a wing mirror and scratching down the car. :blush:

DudleyChildmind
11-12-2008, 07:17 PM
I can understand your frustration. I use my car for school runs and I park half on the road and half on the pavement but I always leave room for double buggies or people in wheelchairs but not everyone does the same.

nell57
11-12-2008, 07:22 PM
I have just been to speak to the headteacher at school as the pavement is constantly blocked by parked cars and 2night parents sat in their cars and watched me take my 3 children (2 mindees) out into the road to get round them:angry: :angry: :angry: as I could not get the pushchair down past them. Got very cross as it is starting to get on my nerves as it's the same people and they see me with the children every day. Well the community support officers were there as well, so they are going to monitor it 2morrow and over the next few weeks at school times to try and stop them causing an obstruction. I explained it's not safe and they should have more consideration! The road is very busy especially at that time of night. It has been slowly getting me riled and today was the icing on the cake. Would you have done the same? The parents will know it's me that has complained!!!!!!!!!!! Don't want to get anyone in trouble but more importantly don't want to put the children in my care at risk, including my own. I was so :mad: Will have to see if it improves now.

Do you pick up from the same school as me:laughing:

The biggest culprits where i go are before and after school clubs who come to collect the children in cars:mad:

Well done for speaking up, you've absolutely done the right thing:clapping:

berkschick
11-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Yep, I have complained about the same thing!

It is totally illegal to park on the path, even half on and half off according to our support officers.

littlesprogs
11-12-2008, 07:26 PM
the ones that annoy me are the ones that park on the zig zag lines that say school!!!

DudleyChildmind
11-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Our local PCSO's told me that if the road is wide enough then they would prefer people didn't park their cars half on the pavement but if the roads are narrow then it's not a problem as long as there is enough for an emergency vehicle to get through. I think it's all down to common courtesy but not everyone is like that unfortunately.

katickles
11-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Do you pick up from the same school as me:laughing:

The biggest culprits where i go are before and after school clubs who come to collect the children in cars:mad:

Well done for speaking up, you've absolutely done the right thing:clapping:

I was about to ask the same question!!

In fact yesterday was really bad at our school. I had mums parked in the range rover sports watching me struggle past I had the car on the pavement & a big thorn bush on the other side of the pavement that she was parked on!! :mad: I was furious.

I told my after schoolers mum that i was going in today to talk to the school today after what had happened & she said she would speak to them herself last night (she's very very pally with the teachers at the school) as it was the school play.

Today - there were the parking attendants on both sides of the road ready for them :laughing:

jeanybeany
11-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Our local PCSO's told me that if the road is wide enough then they would prefer people didn't park their cars half on the pavement but if the roads are narrow then it's not a problem as long as there is enough for an emergency vehicle to get through. I think it's all down to common courtesy but not everyone is like that unfortunately.

The support officer said to me that it is illegal and especially if they are causing an obstruction (which they are in this case). I also explained that if ever I cannot get past on the pavement and cannot get round the cars and back on the pavement, then I will not beable to get to school as the road goes on and there is a very sharp bend (hard to explain) over a bridge with no footpath and I will not under any circumstances take the children that way. I wouldn't even go that way if I was alone and to get round the other way must be a good 4 mile trip! Oh the joys of school run. You,re right about the common courttesy thing though. If it was me tonight I would have had to wind my window down and say sorry or atleast move so that the pavement was clear for coming back. Sorry to go on just really narked me, but thank you everyone for you're support.:)

charleyfarley
11-12-2008, 08:12 PM
I have just been to speak to the headteacher at school as the pavement is constantly blocked by parked cars and 2night parents sat in their cars and watched me take my 3 children (2 mindees) out into the road to get round them as I could not get the pushchair down past them. Got very cross as it is starting to get on my nerves as it's the same people and they see me with the children every day. Well the community support officers were there as well, so they are going to monitor it 2morrow and over the next few weeks at school times to try and stop them causing an obstruction. I explained it's not safe and they should have more consideration! The road is very busy especially at that time of night. It has been slowly getting me riled and today was the icing on the cake. Would you have done the same? The parents will know it's me that has complained!!!!!!!!!!! Don't want to get anyone in trouble but more importantly don't want to put the children in my care at risk, including my own. I was so Will have to see if it improves now.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

A woman after my own heart.

I am constantly complaining to our school about the same problem. Headmaster has told me he will send a letter out several times but the letter never goes out.
As you say it's always the same people doing it. A couple of weeks ago a parent parked obstructing the pavement but she did this with me walking towards her, so she knew I wouldn't get through.:angry: Anyway she got out her car with me stood there and started to talk to her friend.

Well me being me :rolleyes: said 'thanks for that, how am I supposed to get through'. She looked at me, then at her car. Not saying a word of apology got in and backed it up. Then when I walked passed she put it back so no one else could get through

Then when the snow was here, she did it again, the headmaster was there so I had a word with him again for him to say she'd parked there coz of the snow:angry: So I told him no it was coz she was a selfish, inconsiderate woman who parks there coz she's to lazy to walk :blush: He did however offer to see that I was safe to walk in the road with the double buggy and my own 3 year old walking and I should be grateful of the offer I don't think so :censored:

Sorry I didn't mean to take over your thread but I totally agree with everything you did and I really hope they do something about it, unlike our school

Carol xx

jeanybeany
11-12-2008, 08:21 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

A woman after my own heart.

I am constantly complaining to our school about the same problem. Headmaster has told me he will send a letter out several times but the letter never goes out.
As you say it's always the same people doing it. A couple of weeks ago a parent parked obstructing the pavement but she did this with me walking towards her, so she knew I wouldn't get through.:angry: Anyway she got out her car with me stood there and started to talk to her friend.

Well me being me :rolleyes: said 'thanks for that, how am I supposed to get through'. She looked at me, then at her car. Not saying a word of apology got in and backed it up. Then when I walked passed she put it back so no one else could get through

Then when the snow was here, she did it again, the headmaster was there so I had a word with him again for him to say she'd parked there coz of the snow:angry: So I told him no it was coz she was a selfish, inconsiderate woman who parks there coz she's to lazy to walk :blush: He did however offer to see that I was safe to walk in the road with the double buggy and my own 3 year old walking and I should be grateful of the offer I don't think so :censored:

Sorry I didn't mean to take over your thread but I totally agree with everything you did and I really hope they do something about it, unlike our school

Carol xx

Oh the nerve of the woman, totally selfish!

The head of my local school listened and was very supportive and agreed with what I said. He also said do come and complain. The support officers are constantly there to stop parking at the top end by the school entrance and as I was complaining someone came to complain about their parking ticket. It is getting worse the residents at the top complain about parents blocking drives and that, but no one has ever complained about obstructing the pavement. If it keeps happening ring your local council and ask to speak to someone about it. The officer said if no one complains they are not aware there is a problem, which makes sense. Pester your head teacher and if they do not deal with it send a letter in to the parent governers. I do feel I did the right thing now.

jeanybeany
11-12-2008, 08:23 PM
I was about to ask the same question!!

In fact yesterday was really bad at our school. I had mums parked in the range rover sports watching me struggle past I had the car on the pavement & a big thorn bush on the other side of the pavement that she was parked on!! :mad: I was furious.

I told my after schoolers mum that i was going in today to talk to the school today after what had happened & she said she would speak to them herself last night (she's very very pally with the teachers at the school) as it was the school play.

Today - there were the parking attendants on both sides of the road ready for them :laughing:

Well done. I hope ours are there 2morrow!:)

LisaH
11-12-2008, 08:27 PM
The 2 local schools i pick up from are exactly the same:angry:

Some parents even drive through the school gates into the playground to collect their little darlings!!!! It's unbelievable how lazy some people are. If a car is blocking my way now I just force my buggy past it leaving a few scratches behind:laughing:

It's even more annoying that the schools do nothing at all about it, even local PCOS just walk past and say nothing, it's infuriating to say the least.

gemhei
11-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Yes you did the right thing we had same problem before we moved house, the only way we could get to school was down the narrow end of the road. Cars parked on pavement so we had to walk down middle of the road, its unacceptable. Now we live at other side of school so its ok because the road is wider.

I complained to school before we moved as parents were parking in my driveway! :eek: Some evenings DP would come home and not be able to put car in driveway! I said just park accross and block the :censored: in lol serves them right!

patevans
11-12-2008, 08:33 PM
We have the same situation here, we never see the PCSO's patrolling anymore they are useless!! The bus comes at 3.30 everyday and always takes someones mirror off because they always park next to the corner - we also had a hit and run recently and an attempted abduction and.......still no PCSO's.

While we are standing at the road trying to cross with our 10 or more children in bright orange hi vis vests some idiot ALWAYS pulls up in front of us and parks up - talk about dam ignorance, its not as if they cant see us!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

There's a sets of flats by the school with a small parking area for residents and there is a sign saying no parking or turning....well everyone tries to turn but now an elder lady comes out every morning and stands right in front of the cars and takes the reg plates down and wont let them turn lol - I love watching her argue with them!! They all shout back at her but she says she is only thinking of the safety of the children because they run down the rd, straight across the parking area without looking and some parents dropping off come at speed and could easily knock soneone down when they pull in!

jellytot
11-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Yep, I have complained about the same thing!

It is totally illegal to park on the path, even half on and half off according to our support officers.

according to our support officiers it is not illegal as long as pedestrians can get past

gegele
11-12-2008, 10:51 PM
i would ask the headmaster what was the procedure to send a formal complaint as I think that the school should be responsable of the safety of the children outside their door!!!!

usually formal complaint make them move!

if not key the cars :laughing: !!!!

they could all park further along and walk, can't do anyone any harm!

:D

mandy moo
12-12-2008, 10:15 AM
I had the same response as jellytot, from 2 police officers, they said there is nothing thy can do as they (the car owners) are not breaking any laws ie zigzags, yellow lines, box junction etc.:mad:
The school is at the bottom bit of a long U shaped road.
School is forever putting in their news letter for people to park more sensibly, they dont take a blind bit of notice.. ignorant as well
And down right lazy if you ask me, coz next door to the school is our village hall with a huge carpark, they can not be bothered to walk approx a hundred yards round to the school, funny how its the ones who park right out side are the ones who are weigh more than, they prehaps should do..:laughing:
Im a lazy so n so, but even I park in the car park and walk round.:clapping:

a.lmb
12-12-2008, 10:59 AM
well done hon, we have the same problem at my school a sign gone up carrying a 100 fine from the council so far its working but that only started 2 weeks ago