PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic!! Parents have given ME notice

acorns
11-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Those of you who have read my previous posts will know about the time i've had with one particular mindee. I was due to give notice last Monday but he was off ill, well I dont mind on Thursdays but dad just turned up (cheek) to tell me son wont be coming back and brought letter with him. I couldn't believe that they have saved me the job & worry about a complaint to Ofsted. As i'm paid in advance I'm happy that I wont be dealing with the screaming any longer. I have learned from it though that if they dont settle within the 4 weeks not to continue as they never will!!!! I was giving dad stuff out of the folder I had from him & have my notice letter ready in there I quickly put it aside:D . Apart from cracking open my bottle of xmas champagne early is there anything else I need to do, how long should I keep the contract & record form for?

Minstrel
11-12-2008, 06:25 PM
i was expecting that to be a sarcastic thread title but pleased to read you are in fact very happy to be free of said child!

not sure about what you have to keep but congrats on getting the notice!

don the duck
11-12-2008, 06:29 PM
oooh im glad its worked out for u....... my mindee is getting there so thats good and i agree if they don settle with in weeks they never will...

my son used to go to a playgroup setting he hated it and then we went to a childminder and he settled instant so all settings are not for all children.

dont get to drunk on the champ's :laughing:

madasahatter
11-12-2008, 06:30 PM
In the statutory fromework for the eyfs (page 40) it says you need to keep records on individual children for a reasonable period of time after they have left and suggests 3 years. They should be stored securely to ensure confidentiality.

Hope that helps

sue m
11-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Result!!! lol :thumbsup:

nell57
11-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Glad its all worked out in your favour hun, and good luck in filling the vacancy soon:thumbsup:

sarah707
11-12-2008, 06:39 PM
In the statutory fromework for the eyfs (page 40) it says you need to keep records on individual children for a reasonable period of time after they have left and suggests 3 years. They should be stored securely to ensure confidentiality.

Hope that helps

Yes, that's right for Ofsted...

BUT you need to keep everything for 21 years and 6 months for your insurance company...

So start a nice new file somewhere safe and pop in contract, permissions, attendance sheets for that child, medicine forms, accident forms and anything else that looks important.

I'm glad it sorted out for you xx

RedDragon
11-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Yes, that's right for Ofsted...

BUT you need to keep everything for 21 years and 6 months for your insurance company...

So start a nice new file somewhere safe and pop in contract, permissions, attendance sheets for that child, medicine forms, accident forms and anything else that looks important.

I'm glad it sorted out for you xx

I told my husband this the other day and he looked at me "gone out" as they say around here. My registers weigh a fair amount each - do I really have to keep 21+ of these? :panic: plus everything else????

Sorry, forgot to say well done - Draw a line under this now and don't use any more energy on it :clapping:

gemhei
11-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Ah well thats good news! You cant be seen as the one to get rid of him lol. Yes keep the records for 21 years + as you may need these if the child wishes to make a claim against you as an adult. You dont have to keep everything just record forms, accident forms etc. :clapping:

miffy
11-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Pleased it's all worked out as you wanted

Miffy xx

acorns
11-12-2008, 10:34 PM
I do feel guilty though for being relieved at him leaving & do feel for him starting nursery where he will really struggle as he hates being in a noisy play area with other children, lord knows I tried it many times. Dont know if it's the right thing to do but I did say to Dad that I thought he needs 1:1 care with being introduced to other children very slowly.

a.lmb
12-12-2008, 11:03 AM
hang on to everyone till the childs 21st birthday or that what i have been told anyways.