PDA

View Full Version : AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

gegele
11-12-2008, 03:07 PM
:panic: i just received a phone call from a lady to arrange for my inspection. told her i was going away on Friday she said she was thinking coming MONDAY!!!!! lunchtime and like an idiot I agreed!! lunchtime with my 2 is going to be mayhem and with the lady here as well!!! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH:panic:

obviously my house exploded as i'm tring to get organised before going away for 2weeks and coming back with lots of toys.... I have DIY stuff that was supposed to have been done by now is still pending!

my 3yrs old can be quite lively and talks a lot. should i arrange to send her at my neighbour for a bit??

i'm in full panic mode so i decided to have a coffee and let it explose here!!!!

all better now

ps: what's a the leaflet?

Andrea08
11-12-2008, 03:36 PM
ohhhh get a coffee hun,

a chatty 3 yr old is just what you need for mrs ofsted trust me i had a 3 1/2 yr old and she took the scrap book with all our photoes of outings and pictures etc and showed mrs ofsted and talked all through the inspection about what we did and what i did and what we had to eat etc
i got an outstanding in " helping children achieve well and enjoy what they do,
all thanks to a chatty mindee who did all the talking for me lol

she was helpful and got babies nappy bag and said how she likes helping me and how she is a big girl

inspections are stressful hun start with the SEF do as much as you can with it and then start putting everything back into place and tell hubby to get DIY jobs done b4 you go away (rope in your friends thats what friends do!!)

good luck and enjoy your holiday let us know how it all went on xxx

Bex1
11-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Firstly, breath and relax and enjoy your few days away.

Secondly, the leaflet is on the Ofsted website titled "preparing for your pre-registration inspection' and I would recommend you go through and answer the questions because my Inspector read through my answers!

Thirdly, dont worry if not everything is in place, you can put it all down on a wish list.

I did arrange for my mil to look after my daughter during the inspection as I was able to concentrate rather worry about Holly running around causing mayhem or wanting to climb on me etc! Its up to you though whether you want your kids there but if a neighbour can have them it may make it less stressful.

Good luck, you will be fine :thumbsup:

Annie_T
11-12-2008, 05:19 PM
your be fin hun you dont have to have everything in place as they are only coming to advise you and see how house is.

xx

sarah707
11-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Pre-reg is about asking questions and finding out ... don't panic you'll be fine!

It was good to talk to you before :D

singlewiththree
11-12-2008, 07:10 PM
I found when I had my local pre inspection lady and my girls were with me very stressful and took 2 hours. When ofsted came mine were with my mum and at preschool and it was much calmer being able to concentrate so if you think your DD will talk too much then it might be a good idea for her to visit someone.

Honestly its not as scarey as it seems. We have all been through it and its mainly just making sure your house is safe. My DIY wasnt finished so I just walked around with her saying

"thats going to the tip tomorrow" - hum must get round to that 1 before inspection hehe

"this will have tiles on the wall and paint" etc but I dont think it was really necessary but it showed I had thought about it all.

Good luck

PixiePetal
11-12-2008, 08:46 PM
I have been registered since 1994. When I have inspection looming I get DH to do all the little DIY jobs around the place. Would be safe and ok without, but it gets the jobs done a bit quicker if I tell him that it's for my inspection :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck anyway and have a good break. It will all be over for a relaxing Christmas. :thumbsup:

Ripeberry
11-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Don't worry. Actually i think its good to have children there as they can see how you behave and deal with them.
My eldest daughter (aged 6yrs) kept saying to my inspector "This is boring, when are you leaving?" And she also spent most of the time on my lap being cuddly.
My youngest daughter just got on with things and played nicely by herself, mainly because her big sister was not stopping her:laughing:
At least the inspection will be over before Xmas and you'll be able to relax (for a bit).

miffy
11-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Just wanted to wish you good luck :)

I'm sure you'll be fine:thumbsup:

Miffy xx

gegele
11-12-2008, 11:09 PM
:D thank you every one it's nice to know that you all survived it LOL

it works wonder on my husband who managed to put curtain pole up, curtains on AND fix the door handle!!! I've been asking for a week without any luck and the mention of Mrs Ofsted sent him into motion, can't wait tomorrow to see what he can do with my shed!!! :laughing:

well monday night is "breathe and relax" with aglass of wine as I have stopped breastfeeding!!!

My DD would be an advantage as she can charm snake with her massive eyes but she's also a fibber with a great imagination!!!!! double edge sword really...! but as she will be just back from school she'll have to be here for lunch and hopefully my neighbour might be able to pick her up for a walk!!

it'll be fine as I now know everything about risk assessment!!! LOL thanks Sarah

XXXXX