PDA

View Full Version : parents

a.lmb
11-12-2008, 12:32 PM
sorry guys having a rant....
one of my mindies has a medical condition so mum and dad wrap him up in cotton wool and when he behaves not well with me or school they say oooo its cos of his medical need he is not autistic or nothing like that its just a medical condition which needs controling which is being. ggrrrrrr

Hebs
11-12-2008, 12:35 PM
my son has ADHD, and i'm on him as soon as he misbehaves

he has to learn the social rules and i will not allow his ADHD to become an excuse for bad behaviour, he MUST learn its as simple as that :thumbsup:

Seems like the parents arn't coping with his condition, maybe they need to ask for support???

Chatterbox Childcare
11-12-2008, 12:40 PM
The parents should have read your Behavious Policy when they signed up so they know what to expect.

Children learn different boundaries with different people and that is why they don't play us up but do their parents.

Enforce your policy and I am sure the unwanted behaviour will improve.

Pipsqueak
11-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Any condition is not an excuse for bad behaviour I agree. Of course some behaviours will be "challenging" (for you and the parents and other adults) but children regardless need to learn the rules and are quite capable of doing so - with some understanding on our parts.

A chat with mum and dad outlining why you need to have boundaries and discipline (for own childs safety along with others and your own family) ask how you can all work together to ensure the wellbeing of this child so they have some consistency in their life...... blah blah......

Stick to your guns - you cannot have one rule for one....

Golly I know that sounds quite harsh and I don't mean it to - all children can present "challenging" behaviours at time can't they and of course certain conditions will need a lot of understanding and managment from us (finding different techniques etc)

Andrea08
11-12-2008, 01:08 PM
hello, well mmmm i would make a copy of your behaviour policy and a letter to say you would like a 10min slot to talk about how to help child and come up with a "plan" so every one is happy because you need to find a level ground where you all agree

good luck and rant as much as you need (i do )
x

a.lmb
12-12-2008, 11:12 AM
thank you all very much i printed off myth of the month of children being wrapped up in cotton wool and put that near my front door...lol