PDA

View Full Version : asked to have a mindee over night???

emmadines
11-12-2008, 07:31 AM
ive just been asked to have a mindee over night, i have my variation so I can do this but I now have to think what do I do? charge hourly or per night. her contracted hours are - 7am - 6pm so the overnite is 13 hours (it still early cant work it out properley.

so do I charge £50 per nite or at the hourly rate of £4.50 = £58.50?? or are both those too much?

mandy moo
11-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Sorry not gonna be much help on this, I think people who do over nighters are brave I know I for one, Im not sure if I could do it
The way I think is what if the child falls ill, or you have an emergency in your family, would the parents be able/capable or fetching their child if need be
Saying that, If I was too change my mind, as its such a huge responsibility, I would probley charge more than my hourly rate which is £4ph, we give our Babysitter £5 hour, she doesnt stay over however, so I personally dont think asking £6-7 ph is too much, I guess it all depends on how much you want to do this and how much the parents want your service?
Just my own thoughts, not much help sorry:o

Lottie
11-12-2008, 11:04 AM
If this is a one off than I would charge your normal hourly rate throughout the night. If it becomes a regular thing than maybe a flat rate.

With me I regularly look after one of my charges overnight. So because of this I charge a flat rate of £50 a night. He is with me 5 days a week, 10.5 hours a day. I also do this because hourly contracted hours I am charging her £5.50, so it's a little discounted because of the regularity of overnight care. Plus my charge is very very good! He goes straight to sleep and sleeps for 12 hours straight. :)

miss mopple
11-12-2008, 11:07 AM
I charge £35 for 7pm-7am and my usual rates outside of those hours.

emmadines
11-12-2008, 07:21 PM
its one of my regulars, her mum and dad work in the army so have these doo's they have to go on. They normally pay a babysitter and then end up having to pay more when they have to stay later (they cant go home till the boss type person decides to go home, if he wants to stay drinking till the early hours then so do they!)

its gonna be a once in a blue moon type of thing but If things work out it could turn into something evry now and again then a blue moon thing!

we agreed £50

a.lmb
12-12-2008, 09:28 AM
i would double my hourly rate as it is out of minding hours and it cuts into ur leisure time.