PDA

View Full Version : This Weeks Nursery World

buildingblocks
24-01-2008, 11:49 AM
The spotlight this week is my friend Carol and i am so proud of her she has achevied so much

Sorry but just had to share

miffy
24-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Tell us more please kate

Miffy xx

angeldelight
24-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Well what did she do Kate?

More info and well done to your friend whatever she has done

Angel xx

oakie dokie
24-01-2008, 12:34 PM
eh! is she in the nursery world mag?

hazelx

sarah707
24-01-2008, 01:49 PM
I got mine this morning but haven't opened it yet! I will look later... thanks for sharing Kate! :D

LittleMissSparkles
24-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Kate I need to see it, keep a copy for our next meeting so I can have a good read of it, Am so very proud of her :) :) :)

miffy
24-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Can you explain then Susan, for those of us still in the dark

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
24-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Am of to read it in just a mo...... its still in its wrapper from when I picked it up this morning...

angeldelight
24-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Well I wish someone would tell us

haha

Angel xx

buildingblocks
24-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Each week NW has a little section called in the Spotlight. Only about 3 question and answer bits.

Basically Carol gained the first outstanding in north lincs. She is in the final year of Early Year Foundation Stage at College (she does a round trip of about 50 miles each week to do this). She is Dyslexic and only dscovered this through doing training courses when she becamea childminder.

When I first knew her she was very quiet and wouldn't have said boo to a goose. She in fact wrote to NW herself so has come a long way in this. To be honest our local CIS have not been particularly fantastic.

The week she was inspected she was basically told not to tell anyone by someone from CIs as people often think they have an O when they only have a coupel of sections as O. Even when Carol told them she had it in writing this person didn't congratulate her.

Up to now she still hasn't had even a letter from the CIS congratulating her (inspection was 5th November). Carol had said she didn't want any fuss made in the local rag (due to personal reasons) but to actually not even send her a congratulating letter stinks in my eyes.

They did mention it in the local CIS newsletter that comes out to all childcare settings. It actually named 2 minders who had received a good but all it did for Carols outstanding was say a childcare practitioner had received an outstanding no name.

I am looking forward to seeing what they do next as another minder has gained Outstanding in our area.

angeldelight
24-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Thanks for that Kate

Say congratulations and well done to your friend Carol sounds like she has worked really hard

Angel xx

miffy
24-01-2008, 08:31 PM
That's wonderful - thank you for telling us

Can't you persuade her to be a member here (or is she already) then we could all congratulate her personally.

Miffy xx

sarah707
24-01-2008, 08:54 PM
That is dreadful! Cheshire have been so supportive with me... Lincs need their bums kicking!

Congratulations to her... sounds like she did it without their support as well, which is doubly good! :D

Blaze
28-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Congratulations to your friend!
Have to say Surrey sent me a letter... 9 months later, but it was better then nothing!
Tasha:)

LittleMissSparkles
28-01-2008, 10:21 AM
I am looking forward to seeing what they do next as another minder has gained Outstanding in our area.

Who is it Kate ?????

xxx

LittleMissSparkles
28-01-2008, 10:22 AM
That's wonderful - thank you for telling us

Can't you persuade her to be a member here (or is she already) then we could all congratulate her personally.

Miffy xx

yes get her to join us on the forum Kate, Carol would love it :)

buildingblocks
28-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Who is it Kate ?????xxx

no idea Susan it just said Eastoft.

buildingblocks
28-01-2008, 10:34 AM
yes get her to join us on the forum Kate, Carol would love it :)

I don't think she has the time - perhaps that is where I am going wrong lol spending too much time on here instead of getting on with things

Pipsqueak
28-01-2008, 01:17 PM
I have seen it and please pass on my congratulations to Carol. A very big well done:clapping: :clapping:

And big shame on your local CIS for not being supportive:angry:

Banana
28-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Bet she is chuffed to be in the mag!

Congrats sent her way

xx