PDA

View Full Version : need advice

Hannahlg
10-12-2008, 07:17 PM
there is a new childminder who has resgisred in my village

she has 3 children of her own one a 5 year old who gose school fulltime a 4 year old who gose to pre-school and a 2 and half year old.

well today she had 5 children under the age of 5 2 where her own one was a under 1 who she been looking after for a few weeks then a little boy who was 2 and half who just just took to pre-school and then a 4 year old girl who she took to pre-schol today for a firend whos little boy was in the xams assbamly at school

so from 9.00am till 9.15am she had 5 under fives on her own and she fitted them all in a 5 seater car aswell

now on a night at at school i have seen her with 4 undr fives again 2 of her own then the baby and a little girl about 3 or 4 who she just seems to have in an afternoon

now i think maybe she has got premissin to have 4 under 5 with having 2 of her own under 5 i dont know (her own 4 year old will start fulltime school in setpmber 09)

she also alot of the time leave the baby in the car while she takes and picks her own child up from pre-school. and she pts this baby in the frount passerger seat aswell

i also know that she has before left her own 2 and half year old child at home straped her in a pram and put her in frount of the t.v

i dont know weahter to report her or not or what i do kno0w her full name and where she lives.

Raggydolls
10-12-2008, 07:34 PM
mention it to your DO and see what she says, she will have more info on her numbers than u and might also pull her up on leaving unattended children.

but defo mention something to someone

leanne
xx

Princess Sara
10-12-2008, 07:35 PM
If you generally think she is over her minding limitations and doing things that may be harmful to the children, wheather they are her own or not, I'd give your network co-ordinatior or someone a call. Speak to them and get some advise. If it's a small village they may know who you are talking about.

Rubybubbles
10-12-2008, 08:04 PM
good advice about going to your Dev Off

you are right, she may have a varition. Why don;t you introduce yourself as a childminder? get to know her, then you will find out if your supisions are right (often I wish people would talk to me rather than give me the funny looks, I want to say here's my ratio sheet:laughing: )

as for the tv and buggy? have you seen this first hand? I do not agree with it, but if you don;t know her, how do you know this?

I honestly am not trying to upset you, only you really need facts not heresay in this

but as for leaving the baby in car big no-no! but you can (insurance and air bag other stuff) have a baby in the front

Hannahlg
11-12-2008, 06:41 PM
i know the childminder as her little boy and little (when she starts in jan) go to the same pre-school which i go to pick mindes up. She knows im a chilminder. she only started like 2 months ago i do see her talking to her support childmider who i also dont speak to

we dont have a network childminder and our childminder coorandator we are not allowed to speak to as we made complint agaisnt her so i have no one will to talk to unless i phone oftsed. kirkless is not very good

a.lmb
12-12-2008, 11:10 AM
i agree with leanne

tinkerbelle
12-12-2008, 12:16 PM
you can check on variation conditions if you know where she lives type her postcode into ofsted site it brings minders up closest first so you can read em then go from there with it