PDA

View Full Version : really quiet around here

Lincsminder
24-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Well mindies mum came this morning and gave notice. I am a little cross about it, when k started she was doing 15 hours then mum lost job so I agreed to 10 hours to keep place open which was ok. She found a job within a few weeks (16 hours over 3 days) but wanted to drop it to 8 hours with me, I think granny was having her 1 day. Then she now says she only wants 4 hours as she cant afford it, again I think granny is doing the extra day. Seeing as Tax credits still thinks she is paying £45 a week I said to keep her place its a min of £30 which she won't do so she is going. The worst bit is I had an enquiry last week for a full time place which I turned down because I would be over my numbers I wish I hadn't now.

I phoned the Vacancy coordinator and she says there has been no calls for months probably due to the 3 new nurserys opening up. Really struggling to fill this space now.

Banana
24-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Sorry to hear this!

I am sure things will pick up - they always do!

I'd make sure you call tax credits and check your registration number isnt being used by her to claim when the contract ends.

Fingers crossed for you that your next enquiry will be along soon

Good luck

xx

sarah707
24-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Sorry to hear it's tough at the moment - it comes in peaks and troughs usually... hope it improves soon :D

ruby
24-01-2008, 12:15 PM
so sorry hope you will be able to fill your space soon.

cathy and rachel

Minnie Minx
24-01-2008, 01:17 PM
i'm sorry to hear it's quiet, don't forget to advertise lots, in schools, church halls, library, playschool and don't forget your local shops, just make sure the advert is professionally done on your pc and not hand written :)

xx

emler
24-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Sorry to hear you are quiet now. Hopefully the phone will start ringing again soon - stay positive

Emler x

Tiisku
24-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Maybe you could still contact the other people who enquired last week, if you have their phone number or email?
I know what is't like to keep waiting for calls, good luck !

miffy
24-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Maybe you could still contact the other people who enquired last week, if you have their phone number or email?
I know what is't like to keep waiting for calls, good luck !

I think contacting the one you turned down is definitely worth a try

And contacting the tax office too!

Hope something turns up soon

Miffy xx

Lincsminder
24-01-2008, 07:28 PM
thanks everyone, I really hope you are right and it will pick up. They are building lots of new houses around our way so hopefuly some new families might move in to the area and need child care.