PDA

View Full Version : I am so b****y annoyed!!!

allykidz
24-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Sorry dont post on here much but need to vent to fellow minders!!!

I had a 10 month old come and visit me on Monday with her mum. She does shift work and I could easily fill the mornings that she needed me.

Everything went very well, she was pleased with my policies, ofsted report and references and we arranged that she would bring her sister round during the half term break to meet me as she was the one who would be bringing the baby and we would start settling in after half term. This was all agreed, I got a double pushchair as have one of those buggy pod things I no longer have a use for and am selling.

I got a phone call this morning saying sorry, have changed my mind, dont like the open plan stairs and am using someone else!!!

She gave me absolutely no b****y hint that she was seeing anyone else and I thought we had verbally agreed - just knew I should have got the contracts signed there and then!!!! :censored: :censored:

Alison
x

sarah707
24-01-2008, 10:16 AM
I'd be annoyed too Alison - that is not fair and not right... :angry:

I hope you feel a little better for venting.

miffy
24-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Hope you feel better for letting off steam

It's annoying and disappointing but i hope something better comes along soon

Miffy xx

Banana
24-01-2008, 10:30 AM
So sorry that you felt messed around.

I've had a parent say they were happy with everything before and sounded like all was fine. Then never showed up to do contracts. I think until the contracts are signed there is always going to be that risk they may change their mind.

Sorry it didn't work out! Hoping that you will get an even better enquiry soon!

x

allykidz
24-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Am not quite sure what I am more annoyed about, the fact that we had verbally agreed or the fact that I spent £40 on a double pushchair that could have been better spent on something else. We are so skint after xmas and just had a new playroom built and really feeling the pinch at the moment.

I didnt really need to fill the space as it was just ad hoc mornings and know I wont be able to fill them any other way. I look after other children too so not as if I have nobody here!!

Am still very cross but will just have to put it down to experience!!
x

Rubybubbles
24-01-2008, 10:57 AM
oh:angry: but at least you know have a double pushchair for next time!

At least she did contact you if you read around some parents don't even do this

Sending huggssss

Minnie Minx
24-01-2008, 11:23 AM
i thought a verbal agreement was as good as a written one, i'd get some advice if i was you, you may be able to claim expenses. I would ring the ncma and ask

xx

berkschick
24-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Nightmare, Im sorry she let you down.

ruby
24-01-2008, 12:07 PM
so sorry you were let down i know this can be very annoying especially as you have brought a double buggy for nothing

hope you are feeling better now

cathy and rachel

angeldelight
24-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Sorry to hear you were let down

Angel xx

charleyfarley
25-01-2008, 12:22 AM
This sort of thing does happen, I'm sorry to say

Hope you are feeling better about it now

Carol xx

gailee
25-01-2008, 07:58 AM
is'nt that so annoying you think you've got a new mindee you buy things ready for them changing bags new double buggy MORE baby toys and then WHAM not coming its so all that expense for no reason! so i've learned i'm borrowing a double buggy! for my new one on monday? he's 10 months and i have a 3 year i'll have to many for the car on somedays so we'll have to walk and if its raining i can chuck 3 year old with the 10 month in the pushchair to walk faster to get home