PDA

View Full Version : Have I missed anything?

miss mopple
09-12-2008, 03:11 PM
I have a new mindee ( friends daughter whos 9) who lives down the road from me. Her mum has said she is more than happy for her to walk to and from me alone. She usually phones as mindee is leaving and I stand at door and let her know when I see her (mum can see her until she turns the corner, then I see her- so she is never out of sight). At home time she texts me and mindee runs straight home.

Soooo, obviously to cover myself I want parents to sign to say this is ok, so I have done the following form:

Permission for Child to Walk to and From Childminding Premises Alone

I give permission for my child _______________________________ to walk to and from ****** Childminding Service alone. I understand that ****** accepts no responsibility for my child while they are not directly in her care. I accept total liability for accidents/ incidents that occur while my child is travelling between their home and the childcare setting, and vice versa.

Parent’s signature:

Date:

Parent’s signature:

Date:

Is this enough do you think or should I put anything else in?

Lottie
09-12-2008, 04:16 PM
That looks good to me, simple and to the point.

Andrea08
09-12-2008, 05:19 PM
I have an independant arrival policy but what you have sounds good because it will be devised just for that one family but because others will see this happening i would do a policy i wish i could send you mine but to cut it short its a bit like this;-

i am happy to mind children who wish to arrive at my setting independenttly, however i can not be held responsible for children's safety until they arrive into my care.

i will need to know in advance all details of anticipated times of arrival, if childs at school clubs, sports fixtures or detention.

if child fail to arrive at the anticipated time i will contact them by their mobile phone or if i am unable to make contact i will contact parents and the school, in the unlikely event i have not been able to make contact i will ring the police for further guidance.

it goes on to say all are to agree and policy and procedures etc are to be understood and signed for ,,,

hope this helps

sarah707
09-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Good idea there from Andrea!

Best to have a policy as well as permission :D

Blaze
09-12-2008, 06:02 PM
If you pm me your email address I can send you my policy & permission form which you can adapt.:)

brillminder
09-12-2008, 08:08 PM
sounds a good idea :)