PDA

View Full Version : Working over Xmas hols

Pudding Girl
09-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Seems an awful lot of us are taking the whole two weeks off, but is anyone else stil going to be working at some point over the holidays??

I have Xmas Eve/Xmas Day/Boxing day ( then the weekend) and the next week, only got NYD off.

Lottie
09-12-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm taking the 19th through to the 5th January off. However I am looking after one of my mindee's on the 23rd all day as his Mum can't find anyone else to look after him. He's a good child anyway so its not a problem for me.

Did yu decide to work christmas or don't you have a choice?

berkschick
09-12-2008, 04:30 PM
I am open but so far only have 1 mindee on 30th December but being paid as usual! I thought this would happen so decided not to close and benefit from a paid week off !

LittleStars
09-12-2008, 04:35 PM
I am open but so far only have 1 mindee on 30th December but being paid as usual! I thought this would happen so decided not to close and benefit from a paid week off !

DITTO berkschick...

I didn't want to waste my precious holiday as I knew most of my lot would be off over xmas...worked a treat as get 2 weeks off and am still being paid :)

manjay
09-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Too big a risk for me to take, staying open, as my lot would probably all come:panic: I finish on 23rd and am back on 2nd Jan. 10 working days to go:clapping:

Bushpig
09-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I work every day except the public holidays this month. I have 3 weeks off next month so taking off anything this month would be unfair for my parents, and leave me even more out of pocket :eek:

balloon
09-12-2008, 05:10 PM
I am working all month except 24th 25th and 26th. Haven't been going long and am a single mum so really didn't have any other option as its my only income.

I'm having a bit of a bad time with a crying LO at the moment though and really wished I had opted for more time off, *** the money I need my sanity, lol!!!

Next year...

angeldelight
09-12-2008, 05:12 PM
I am working all month except 24th 25th and 26th. Haven't been going long and am a single mum so really didn't have any other option as its my only income.

I'm having a bit of a bad time with a crying LO at the moment though and really wished I had opted for more time off, *** the money I need my sanity, lol!!!

Next year...

Think we are all like that at some point though and I have had to do it in the past

I never have enough holiday so this year I thought enough is enough

Feel for you also with the crying child I have one the same - thats why I need the break

Just think of the money hopefully it will keep you going

Angel xx

angeldelight
09-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Seems an awful lot of us are taking the whole two weeks off, but is anyone else stil going to be working at some point over the holidays??

I have Xmas Eve/Xmas Day/Boxing day ( then the weekend) and the next week, only got NYD off.

Is that your choice George

Angel xx

Shirlwith3
09-12-2008, 05:20 PM
I planned to work over the hols but found out last week that baby A who I have 3 1/2 days was away from 19th -2nd Jan which is great as I get time with my family & my other mindee who I have 1 day a week on a Thurs so that means I don't have him either as that is Christmas day & New years day. I was all ready for working over christmas.

ruby
09-12-2008, 05:26 PM
we are working the Monday and Tuesday of xmas week

we are open the second week but still not sure who or when we will be having mindees but it looks like it will only be a couple.

will send a letter out next week for the parents to fill in then we should know for definite

cathy

ruby
09-12-2008, 05:29 PM
we are working the Monday and Tuesday of xmas week as we never have mindees xmas eve as that is mine and my 2 daughter's time together we go shopping and have a lovely lunch some where have done for the last 8 yrs.

we are open the second week but still not sure who or when we will be having mindees but it looks like it will only be a couple.

will send a letter out next week for the parents to fill in then we should know for definite

cathy

mumtodaniel
09-12-2008, 05:42 PM
I only started cm last Feb, and decided I didn't really want to work between Xmas eve and New Year, so put in contract will not be working and 1/2 pay required. Because Christmas seemed so far off when I did contracts no one said anything about that.

I am really glad I did that as much as I love my job, am looking forward to time with just my family, just booked Ice skating for us all. Can you imagine writing a risk assessment for that one.

fionamal
09-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Im working upto xmas eve then work 29th, 30th, 31st and off again for 4 days

So its 8 days off at the moment but that may change as the parent of the child is trying to get her holidays for those 3 days so might be off right through.

Pudding Girl
09-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Did yu decide to work christmas or don't you have a choice?

Both really lol, I do not charge when I don't provide a service, so left it to parents to say when they wanted me excluding the above dates ^ - I can't afford to close for 2 weeks and not have that cash coming in. Bad enough I will lose 4 days pay as it is.

That said, the parent is not working as they close for two weeks, so is just having some time to herself I presume. I was hoping as Berkschick says, that I would get a nice time off paid for ;) ha!