PDA

View Full Version : WORMS arghhh...can I put it on expenses LOL

LittleStars
09-12-2008, 12:11 PM
I have a nightmare child...who thankfully is leaving at christmas...actually child is fine its parents who have been a nightmare...lol

Having looked after him last week mum merrily told me this morning he had had worms all last week and she has treated him over the weekend :eek: :eek: :eek:

So we have all been exposed!!!!!! Gee thanks for telling me that 3 days ago and all that!!!!!

While there have been no symptoms in our house...he is the worst handwasher in the world and always has long filthy nails yeghhhhh SO I am going to treat us all as I cant bear the thought of getting them........ and have washed everything in sight today!!!

Can I put the £12 :eek: it has just cost me for the medecine through as expenses...... seeing as its for us...but only necessary as mindee had them!!!!

What do ya think?

I love my job sometimes :rolleyes:

singlewiththree
09-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Probably not as a GP wouldnt blanket treat a family anymore. My daughter had them last year and the GP wouldnt treat her as she was under 1yrs old and just treated the 3yr old who also had them and I think gave them to her sister. They wouldnt treat me or my eldest daughter so you probably cant put it as an expense, but thats just my opinion.

Blaze
09-12-2008, 12:35 PM
My rule is if it is for or as a direct result of my childminding then it goes through the expenses...in this instance it'd be going through the books!:thumbsup:

marion123
09-12-2008, 12:44 PM
i would also put it on your expenses as if you wasnt childminding you wouldnt need the medicine its alot of money at this time of year

yummymummy
09-12-2008, 01:19 PM
I was lucky one of my mums was so horrified when her child had threadworms she bought Ovex to treat all my family too!
I would definitely put it through on expenses, if you weren't childminding you wouldn't have had to incur that cost. x

Polly2
09-12-2008, 01:44 PM
I agree :eek:

louise
09-12-2008, 04:15 PM
I'd put it through.I was a pharmacy assistant up untill april and we were always told to treat the whole family to stop reinfection as well as a follow up treatment 2 weeks later.

Lottie
09-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Agree with the ladies add it to your expenses. :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
09-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Def add to expenses. How else could we break the cycle. All treated, end of....for now :laughing: :laughing:

breezy
09-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Add it to expenses and treat again in 2 weeks and add that to expenses too!

Monkey1
09-12-2008, 08:14 PM
I wiuld definatly add it to expenses!

Andrea08
09-12-2008, 11:22 PM
i agree add to expences but please
60+% of children get worms

do you understand how?

well ;- hand stands and girls that bite their nails
football and girls that pick up the ball and boys who bite nails!
childminders who are told by EYFS about outdoors and picnics---no place to wash hands so use baby wipes (if they remember)
daisy chains and a packet of crisps
drop your bag on field and then 10 mins later (with out washing hand)....either bite our nails or eat with our fingers

that is how easy children get worms it is not a dirty child or setting, or close to dirty pets, it is simple and a sad fact

not dirty people!!!

emmadines
10-12-2008, 09:33 AM
i suppose its the same sort of scenario of nits they all get them at some point!!

ewww Im dreading this!!! I might annually treat the family lol awww gonna be paranoid now!