PDA

View Full Version : I KNOW I AM REALLY SAD BUT BE HONEST WHAT ABOUT YOU?

angeldelight
09-12-2008, 09:00 AM
I have 2 weeks off for christmas and I promised myself that I am not going to do anything about childminding at all but ......

I need to get this months paper work up to date - I have all the christmas activities to sort out and put in the kids folders
I havent had time to be honest what with working during the day then trying to catch up with my christmas shopping and other things then there is going to be more from this week and next

So I am going to allow one day and one day only during my holiday time to catch up

Is that really sad or what ?

Angel xx

crazybones
09-12-2008, 09:09 AM
I am going to have to use any time over the hols to catch up. I am still waiting to hear if I have a mindee. There other two are term time only and I am not booking hols when I know that the dad shuts down for Xmas but they will want to send him if they are paying - sorry gabbling. :laughing:

But in answer to you're question - no you are not sad. I will have to do the same as hubby is home to give me time to myself. :D

miffy
09-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Well I think it's really sad that we feel we have to do work during our time off!!!!

But I will be doing the same as you - I have soooo much paperwork to catch up on and I know it won't get done before Christmas.

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
09-12-2008, 09:39 AM
I think we all know where you are coming from. I seem to of stopped working until 11pm every night and landed up with a pile so high it could hit the ceiling if it had a structure to hold it together.

Like you I have time off and I am dedicating 2 days to getting up to date with EYFS and tax records and then I will promise myself AGAIN that it will never be like this ever.

Here is to hoping!

charleyfarley
09-12-2008, 09:42 AM
That makes me sad as well then.

I have boxes of paperwork that need sorting, not just minding but household as well.

There never seems to be enough hours in the day to get it all done.

With the constant flow of workmen here too the last few months have been even worse than normal.

Roll on the 19th, I really can't wait, I will try and catch up in one day but I think it may take longer

Carol xx

Annie_T
09-12-2008, 09:54 AM
no hun, it will get it out the way and then you have the rest of the time to relax and enjoy x

teacake2
09-12-2008, 12:16 PM
I sad too then, I am off over Christmas but hubby is not so I have promised I will not do any work when he is there and will concentrate on it when he goes back to work, but I keep telling him there is too much not to be able to do it in a couple of days, and with my arm and shoulder problem, everything is taking twice as long to do.
Anyway enough of that.
I would like to wish everyone on this great forum, without whose help I don't think I could have coped, that all your wishes come true at this time, you all have a great time and that all problems could become things of the past. I know it won't all happen but if we all join together and give everyone a big hug things might seem a little less hard. So happy Christmas everyone (or whatever your belief) and try to enjoy anytime you may have off.:D :D :D
Teacake2

DudleyChildmind
09-12-2008, 12:28 PM
I have two weeks off for Christmas and I will be doing my EYFS during that time because I would get so behind otherwise. I've only had 4 days holiday this year so I desperately need time to myself.

marion123
09-12-2008, 12:42 PM
im off over christmas and im spending the 1st two days doing all my EYFS and getting things into order if i dont i will be so behind then its the new year and i want to try have a rest as i think we ALL need one its been a long year don't you think

Twinkles
09-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Me too !! I'll be spending some time on paperwork - probably more than one day though :(

donnahay0
09-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Yep, I have booked some holiday time for catching up on paperwork - mostly filing stuff away and book keeping. Silly me agreed to getting two NVQ3 units done over Christmas (well I do have to end of Jan) I shall do some of that. Thankfully I too have 2 weeks off so hope to get some time to myself - heaven knows we all need it after the build up.

I have my Mum coming over Boxing Day and she will be here for a week so will be busy taking her out and about - will need a couple of weeks off to recover. :)

carolinel
09-12-2008, 01:28 PM
sorry, but NO - I won't be doing anything childminding related at all. I have two weeks off to spend with my Family and that's what i'm going to do!!!
All highchairs, stair gates etc etc will be put away for 2 weeks. i can't wait!!!!!

Mollymop
09-12-2008, 02:35 PM
You are no sad Angel, but it is sad that you have to do it all - but one day dedicated to it will put or mind at rest so you can enjoy the rest of your holiday.

I have 2 whole weeks off too and I may spend the 1st (first day of holiday)Saturday catching up quickly then....
I am putting all the toys away, taking down my certificates, posters, stairgate, etc and not think about childminding on my 2 whole weeks off and I really can't wait!!!!

Pauline
09-12-2008, 03:17 PM
:eek::eek: charge a days minding to your expenses to cover it! :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
09-12-2008, 06:48 PM
I am putting all the toys etc away when I have my last day. 1 day I am meeting another minder to go over our SEF together and will make sure all accounts and files are up to date. Any time left that day will be for sorting policies. Then start the New Year with good intentions, as always, to keep up to date! :laughing:

breezy
09-12-2008, 07:41 PM
I need to catch up too so I'm joining the sad club!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sue
09-12-2008, 08:03 PM
me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

don the duck
09-12-2008, 08:51 PM
i have 2 weeks off too..... but im gonna have one week just to my family as we need some special time together and im gonn have one week to do my child minding stuff.

helenlc
09-12-2008, 08:52 PM
I am going away at Christmas to visit my Dad, so I wont be doing any paper work!! I think its the only way I can stop myself anyway!

But no doubt I will find myself popping into this forum to keep up to date while I am away!!!

angeldelight
09-12-2008, 08:53 PM
I will def make sure I spend almost all my time with the family

I will try to catch up on the first weekend BEFORE christmas so then my holiday time is all my own

Angel xx

Monkey1
09-12-2008, 08:54 PM
I have a mountain of paperwork to work my way through!:panic: :panic: :panic:

Carol
09-12-2008, 10:31 PM
We are all sad having to do all this papework....we seem to be more like teachers who work during their holidays too. New Years resolution to be more organised.;)
Next year might be the year I manage to do that:rolleyes:

Carol

angeldelight
09-12-2008, 10:32 PM
We are all sad having to do all this papework....we seem to be more like teachers who work during their holidays too. New Years resolution to be more organised.;)
Next year might be the year I manage to do that:rolleyes:

Carol

Thats the problem - I am organised

So why do I have work to do in my holiday ?

Angel xx

Hannahlg
10-12-2008, 07:24 PM
i will be sorting one childs folder out before next wed it is last day befre he start school fulltime he will be a before and after school boy then.

all the rest in janurey only work i doing over my 2 weeks off is collage work

Raggydolls
10-12-2008, 07:31 PM
y is it that as soon as u book and take a holiday everything in your house falls apart so u have to have workmen in for this and that or something breaks so u cant do this or that!

paperwork!
college work!
housework!
dying our hair some other colour to hide the grey from stress!
ofsted changing their minds on something!

the list is endless

im thankfully on mat leave now so can take everything alot more slower and not worry about it as much - thanks goodness

good luck to all those with catching up to do

leanne
xx

mandy moo
11-12-2008, 10:42 AM
same as carolinel
Every thing is gonna be put away xmas eve and wont come back out till the evening of the 4th..
Im gonna spend some quality time with my own kids and hubbie..
Roll on xmas eve..

a.lmb
12-12-2008, 11:41 AM
No hon im the same i have my family constantly moaning that all i do is work and i ask for xmas pressys to do with work so they refuse to buy anything i need i can understand it from them tho would be nice to have things not associated with work, it does seem to take over ur life tho

marian
12-12-2008, 12:08 PM
I am determined to sort all of the mound of paperwork out BEFORE the big day:)
But we will see.......:rolleyes:
Marian x

Monkey1
12-12-2008, 12:36 PM
I have a feeling that my ofsted inspection will be directly after christmas so i have got loads of things i want to get sorted and put into place....so thats all the holiday gone then!

DudleyChildmind
12-12-2008, 01:25 PM
:eek::eek: charge a days minding to your expenses to cover it! :thumbsup:

Can you do that? It sounds like a great idea to me :thumbsup:

ruby
12-12-2008, 07:42 PM
i hope to have most of the 2 weeks off working just the odd day
i have 3 lots of end of the year accounts to do and need to catch up on paper work.

not so bad as my family although they still live at home are older ( well adults)
so no problem from them and my husband is retiring on the 31st december so will have plenty of time to spend with him.

Cathy

Mummits
12-12-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm really sad. I've only been minding for 2 months and I think I've already got a few days backlog of paperwork - not to mention a huge ironing pile!

kindredspirits
12-12-2008, 09:12 PM
i've allocated myself the xmas holidays to get up to date with my paperwork - that means making a plan (i haven't done any yet) and writing up some obs but apart from that EYFS can go :censored: i've come to the conclusion my sanity is worth a lot more than an ofsted grade i'm pretty certain i'll do more, i haven't even downloaded my SEF yet but it means telling hubby i need him to look after baby completely without interruption, and that doesn't usually go down too well!! :rolleyes: