PDA

View Full Version : GMTV

emmadines
09-12-2008, 07:11 AM
apparently politicians are planning on stopping people being paid cash in hand! including childminders! I can see what they are trying to do but how else do they think we are going to get paid???

I haven't actually seen that particular story as its being covered in a bit.

don the duck
09-12-2008, 07:17 AM
i have that on at the min... will see ewhats goin on.

charleyfarley
09-12-2008, 07:23 AM
I've seen that and the way I see I'm not getting paid cash in hand, all my money goes through my books.

We've had a lot of work done on our house including an extension and always paid cash as that's what we deal in. If they don't put it through their books that's not my fault but I certainly put my payments through my books.

Carol xx

emmadines
09-12-2008, 07:25 AM
I've seen that and the way I see I'm not getting paid cash in hand, all my money goes through my books.

We've had a lot of work done on our house including an extension and always paid cash as that's what we deal in. If they don't put it through their books that's not my fault but I certainly put my payments through my books.

Carol xx

this is it! its just another control method really!

emmadines
09-12-2008, 07:49 AM
did anyone actually understand what they were saying about it??? or do I blame the early morning???

Mollymop
09-12-2008, 07:54 AM
I thought "cash in hand" mean people who don't register their money through inland rev. Not like us childminders. We do receive cash or cheque but we are registered with i.r - so not what I would call cash in hand?

Pudding Girl
09-12-2008, 08:55 AM
I would have thought as above re cash in hand meaning not declaring it.