PDA

View Full Version : what to add in a risk assesment for toddler groups?

mindermummy
08-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Any ideas thank you
xx

Andrea08
08-12-2008, 04:10 PM
im fed up with risk assessments but try this ok

1- how you going to get there re car/walking assessment
2- what do you need to take with you child info first aid etc
3- is there a ramp or steps into building
4- are doors accessable for double pram
5-is there car park is it pay and display?

etc then look at inside is the coffee area safe for children or do you have to put your cup on heigh shelf etc

good luck with it i hate all this paper work but it shows we know what we are doing
andreaxx

danast
08-12-2008, 04:44 PM
i have been told by ofsted when i called them that we do not need risk assesments for playgroup only how you get there,because all playgroups,children's centres should have a risk assesment done because they exepting children in the room.
Even the lady from children's centre told me this

Andrea08
08-12-2008, 10:06 PM
i have been told by ofsted when i called them that we do not need risk assesments for playgroup only how you get there,because all playgroups,children's centres should have a risk assesment done because they exepting children in the room.
Even the lady from children's centre told me this

Thats right but you could show how you get there and how you will keep children safe, any procedures you will have to take,

need risk assessments to breath these days lol

Carol
08-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Also if you came across a hazard what would you do..............for example who you would approach to tell about the hazard.......so much to think about but once it is done you only need to date when you have rechecked it.

Carol