PDA

View Full Version : Sick and tired (literally) of all the mindees colds!

yummymummy
08-12-2008, 10:41 AM
For the last four weeks one or the other or all of the mindees have had colds. I usually seem immune but have caught one after the other so for the last four weeks have been feeling yuk too.
I am so fussy wiping noses and throwing away tissues immediately and washing my hands but the parents bring them snot splattered in the morning, it drives me crazy, they aren't taught how to wipe or blow either they pick their noses and "cuff"
Urggggghhh, it makes me queasy just thinking about it. Not a lot I can do, can't refuse them with a cold as they aren't suffering otherwise but it is driving me potty.
My healthiest little one has one today and my Wednesday gang are the ones who constantly have them so dreading it in advance already :panic:

crazybones
08-12-2008, 10:44 AM
I know what you mean. I feel like charging for tissues. Its just a constant cycle. :mad:

Chatterbox Childcare
08-12-2008, 10:49 AM
I am with you on this one.

I seem to have a box of tissues in every room and a pack in my bag and every pocket - use wet wipes a lot too as they are soft and get all the "green bits"!

Bushpig
08-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Constant here too... nothing we can do. They are otherwise totally fine. I have turned to using quilted (ultra soft) toilet roll paper - is cheaper as I am literally wiping noses constantly. They are all too young to blow their own noses. And when they sneeze.. EXPLOSIVE snot everywhere! :eek:

Straws
08-12-2008, 11:05 AM
I know what you mean, once one clears up another one comes down with it, constant cycle at the moment, been like this for the last 4 weeks, my sofa has silver streaks of snot on it, fed up with washing the cushions every week end:(

Straws xx

CCJD
08-12-2008, 02:40 PM
I hate this time of year too - with the constant changes between cold and warmish these bugs flourish. To boot I have two that are in their first winter after turning 1 year old and as I warned the parents, it's cetainly is the "winter of discontent"!!!!
I'm normally pretty immune but this year I seem to be picking up the new wierd and wonderful strains they are bringing in and sharing around. Last week the 3 year old ended her cold with a runny tummy (apparently something going round in this area)! Great - have been waiting for us to have all caught it - my daughter is in yr 2 and is thrilled to have been chosen to play Mary this year in the school play and it would just be sods law that she catches it just in time !!!!!!! Have been filling her up with yakult to try to boost her tummy's immunity.

Dragonfly
08-12-2008, 07:04 PM
colds and stomach bugs have been going round here for weeks drives you mad:angry: thinking of wearing a protective mask joke:laughing:

Andrea08
08-12-2008, 09:14 PM
BUT its not just colds. one mindee told by Dr. that they have to take a week off school viral infection ending in spots, child has spots and parent say child not infectious but i said i wont mind her so unhappy parent has to take rest of week off aarrrrrrr

i cana believe parent was expecting me to care for the child knowing Dr. said child had to stay off school.

if i catch it and im ill ova christmas ill charge them full for the time im off sick.

i am fed up of going bed early and resting up on my weekends coz i have to be fit and well for work even though the mindees have given me yet another cold.

like you say what can we do about it well im getting a very sarcastic facial mask like they have in china and tell parents i dont want to catch any more airborn viruses lol

yet anyother part of the job we all hate

gemhei
08-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Yup i seem to have one mindee whos just constantly ill :( . Parents have both taken time off work this week cos they are ill but still bring mindee to me full of cold :angry: . Must of gone through a whole box of tissues just on her today and now DS has got a really bad cold so hes off school :( probs will be me next!!

berkschick
08-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Yep, I am on week 6 of runny noses now. 2 of my mindees just cant shift it. I have asked parents to provide extra wipes / or tissues in their bags!

LisaH
08-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Aaaarrrgghh don't even get me started on this subject!!

Everyday is a constant round of snotty, coughing children, whilst the parents smile sweetly and tell you their little darling is 'fine really'!! Drives me nuts:laughing:

Carol
08-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Know what you mean I should have shares with Kleeneze as the boxes I get through............Tax man would wonder why I spend so much on these items.

I have one little mindee who has only had one week this year where I didnt have to wipe his nose at all. Have spoke to mom but she cant see there is a problem. Noted this in my diary at least I have covered myself.

Carol xx

deb24
11-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Me too I have just got over a cold myself & before I know it my little mindies have one & a cough to go with it. So guess what yes you guessed it I'm coming down with another one. My immune system used to be great till I started this job.

miffy
11-12-2008, 09:37 PM
I agree - it's just a constant round of runny noses and coughs and sneezes.

Explosive snot sums it up beautifully!!!!

Touch wood I've been OK so far but expect I'll get it as soon as I finish work for Christmas :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
11-12-2008, 11:25 PM
yep now my mindees have finished with their runny noses/bums etc my lot are coming down with it:rolleyes: its blo*dy endless..... keep dosing them all up with orange juice. Might start suggesting that all the kids (mindees) start taking extra vitamin tablets:rolleyes: - I will even supply them I think.

a.lmb
12-12-2008, 09:25 AM
oh i so now how u feel the mindies get ill still come to the setting then ur own pick it up so its been in the house for weeks then we get it and still expected to work so it just goes round and round, i wish parents didnt bring them in when they got colds.