PDA

View Full Version : Changing hours. Urgent

cher25
07-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Hi, i left a post the other day about losing a mindee, well things have totally changed. She had handed in her 4 wks notice but wanted me to let her off with money if i could. However we didn't get as far as agreeing anything as she has now got another job and just wants to cut her hours down from 9 per day to 2 per day starting on tuesday. I know it will require a whole new contract but what happens with the current contract. I have no idea how this all works and she has been txting me all weekend asking if id worked it out, but i havent had a chance till now to ask. Any help would be appreciated.

FizzysFriends
07-12-2008, 08:40 PM
She still has to pay you the notice period at the old contracts hours and then go to the new contract.

Monkey1
07-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Yep agree, she needs to pay whatever you have in the contract, she can't expect you to drop your money especially before christmas! Is two hours a day worthwhile for you? Does it take up a full time space?

tulip0803
07-12-2008, 08:44 PM
As above. The four week notice period still stands so the old contract is in force until the end of the period. All changes need 4 weeks notice.

berkschick
07-12-2008, 08:46 PM
She has to give you 4 weeks notice for change of hours.

Then in 4 weeks you can re-do contract and make it 2 hours a day, if thats what you want to do.

cher25
07-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Thank you all. I wasn't sure if there to be notice for big changes like this or not, and have been meaning to ask all weekend. So thank you again for being so quick in answering.lol
It will be after nursery only, so pick up at 3 as have to be down at another school by half past. She wants the hours from half 2 anyway will half 5.
I txt her to tell her notice stands and she has txt back saying she has told tax credits about the change in her circumstances and childcare. Might lose the child yet then.

FizzysFriends
07-12-2008, 08:59 PM
tax credits give you 4 week run on before changing your amount if you stop childcare or reduce your childcare so she has no reason not to pay you, she could call then again and let them know about the notice peroid and then she would get 4 weeks notice and then 4 weeks run on and she will some extra cash for January sales.

berkschick
07-12-2008, 08:59 PM
She will have to ring them back again then and tell them she made a mistake!

cher25
07-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Thank you again. I have her txt back telling her this and she says she will ring them tomorrow.