PDA

View Full Version : I crashed my poor car this morning

lucytownsend
07-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Feeling very sad now, crashed it into a parked car when the sun hit the windscreen and I couldnt see :panic:

Poor car is a write-off, as is the other ladies, so now I need to look for another one - any tips about the best 7 seater ladies?

donnahay0
07-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Oh, so sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you are OK and nobody was hurt - you are probably quite shaken.

I don't have any advice about cars - just wanted to make sure you were ok.

lucytownsend
07-12-2008, 02:27 PM
oh yes, absolutely fine, just shocked and tearful and feeling a teensy bit stupid!:rolleyes:

madasahatter
07-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Poor you, hope you were only going slow, even so watch out for any whiplash over the next few days

Heaven Scent
07-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Oh dear, I hope you are OK I've had 4 tiny bumps and even though I wasn't even in the car for one of them (my handbrake came off while I was on the in school dropping a child off and the car rolled into the car in front - it happened to be the reception teachers car) I was really quite shaken up each time the one before I didn't even know I'd damaged the other car - it was a tiny scratch - the woman just got into her car and started to drive off and I hopped out of mine and waved her down and drew her attention to the fact that my car touched hers another one was the other year when DD and I were ill with different things and I was on the way to the Doc and drove one scraped one of our cars off the other bcause I'd moved one car the day before and forgot about it - I was a blitering wreck in the doctors surgery and blabbed all the time I was in there talking about my DD's illness. The first time it happened was because DD was shouting at me from the back of the car and I got confused when turning right at a set of lights with a funny filter and decided to reverse to get out of the way of a bus and again gently touched a lovey snazzy sports car that was behind me the woman in the car went ballastic then noticed that I was in a state and she took pity on me and went all nice - I think DD was still ranting and raving at me from the back seat all because I put her into the car through one door and she wanted to get in through another - she is still the same.

Monkey1
07-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Oh babe hope your ok! The sun can be blinding on winter days! I would highly recommend a Japanese import. I loved my Toyota Emina.......and sobbed my heart out when it died! I now have a Nissan Largo and its fabulous but not as big and spacious as my Emina. Bought both as bargains on ebay!

Annie_T
07-12-2008, 04:02 PM
oh hun bless you, hope you ok. ..as i say (due to my crash 3 years ago-lucky to be here so told) a car can be replaced coz its only metal but you cant ...your one of a kind.

i hope you find another car soon hun wish i could help x

Chatterbox Childcare
07-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Glad you are okay.

I have had a Vauxhall Zafira and now a Toyota Previa. Both great - Zafira a bit cheaper to run but the Previa is more spacious

marion123
07-12-2008, 06:15 PM
glad you are ok :)

tulip0803
07-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Glad you are OK:) . DH did this to the galaxy thismorning too:( he's fine too

cher25
07-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Im sorry to hear about your accident. Im glad your ok though. I had 2 car accident last year 1 in june and the other in august. Neither my fault but both cars were right offs. My 2nd accident was slightly worse than the first and it took me a year to get my confidence for driving alone back.
So hope you get another car real soon and get back into it. As someone has said watch out over the next few days for whiplash symptoms. It's took 3 days after my 1st accident before i got it.

flora
08-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Hope you are feeling ok now xxx

lucytownsend
09-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks for all your messages, Im feeling much less shaky now but my neck is a bit sore :(

On the plus side, my hire car was delivered this am and its a lovely 08 plate VW golf! Newest car Ive ever driven...must remember to be careful!:rolleyes:

Think we will get a zafira or a previa, FIL is on lookout for one now!

:clapping: 7 seater yay!

Andrea08
09-12-2008, 05:47 PM
oh sorry about your accident i was very shaken after mine good luck on the car hunt its fun trying out different cars hope the insurance pay up xxx

DudleyChildmind
09-12-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your accident. You're the 4th person I know of who's been involved in a crash today :(

I have a Zafira but the boot space when the 7 seats are in use is very small.