PDA

View Full Version : Will she get registered?

butterfly
06-12-2008, 11:52 AM
I have a friend (well sort off but she's really stretching the point!) who is thinking of becoming a childminder. I'm not particularly happy about it as she knows i'm not full and i really need the money but instead of pushing a potential client in my direction she's thinking of registering to take her herself!! Anyway that's another story!
Basically over the last 6 months she has had her oldest child on the child protection register (the child was complaining she was unfairly treated at home mainly by her father so ss stepped in and suggested she was being emotionally abused - she's had tonnes of meetings with consellers, ss, health visitors etc and in the last two weeks she's now been taken off the register. My friend wants to know whether this will prevent her from being registered. Ofsted weren't much help - just saying it would be down to individual pre-reg inspector and we can't work out whether it will be on her CRB check or not and whether this would be a problem.

What do you think?

I just want her to get a yes or no as she's doing my head in. Also if it's a no at least she can tell this mum who might then come to me!

Peppa
06-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Oh thats a tough one, i'm sure someone will be along who can answer. sorry:)

Can't this "friend" send her your way anyway if your avaliable, coz your available now and it will be a while for her?

sarah707
06-12-2008, 01:33 PM
It really is down to the individual inspector to make a decision I'm afraid.

She needs to get on an ICP course, then apply to Ofsted, then see what the medical and CRB says... I'd say she'll know in about 3 months time :D

Mollymop
06-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Oh, it's hard to say! I know we have to have ss checks, so they will know her child has been at risk. And I don't think it would go down to well, tbh.

It will not be down to the ofsted inspector to make the decision though - it will be up to the inspectors manager.
All applications, once everything is received back to ofsted, are checked through by a board of managers - they then make their decision as to whether you would make a suitable childminder or not.

wellybelly
06-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Not very nice I know, but it might be worth letting her get on with it. Do you want to be dragged into "why havnt I been registered" if it comes to that. I dont mean to be horrible but sometimes its best to keep your distance.

Competition is healthy anyway and a good thing. Dont worry about that side of things.

gemhei
06-12-2008, 08:01 PM
I dont know as shes now been taken off the register. It may come up on her SS check but it depends on the inspector who deals with it i guess. I wouldnt get involved and just tell her shell have to send it off and wait and see.

cuddlybunny38
06-12-2008, 08:36 PM
It will come up on a check, my son who is 16 now had an allegation made against him when he was 14 social services were invoved but the case was dropped and taken no further( he had told a girl he didnt want to be her boyfriend and it went from there) but this was brought up by ofsted in mt pre reg as they had found out and it had to be investigated and I had to show them all the paperwork involved from the time( 2 years before) luckily I had kept it. I did get registered though. But from what you said about your friend wouldnt like to say either way.

berkschick
06-12-2008, 09:33 PM
I would think it is quite unlikely that she will get registered to be honest if her daughter has been on the at risk register.