PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for drumming up some business

jackandjill
05-12-2008, 06:15 PM
I have been registered since october this year and have only had one child, who has left now due to mum not having a job. I have had enquires but not had anything back.
I have no job at the moment due to finishing to look after the above child, as i didn't realise it was only going to be for a week.
I have advertised everywhere,in shops, playgroups, activity world, in my car, on web sites and leaflet drops. Really need some children or im going to have to get a fulltime job which is not easy anymore.:(
Any ideas would be great

Thanks Sarah

Trouble
05-12-2008, 06:16 PM
sorry i cant help

but chin up things always happen when you least expect it to

christine e
05-12-2008, 06:45 PM
You can be included in Yellow Pages for free (simple one line add). I received an enquiry a couple of days ago via yellow pages. Put an advert on your car window. Netmums (had enquiries via their website before). Do you have a childrens centre where you can advertise? Let other childminders locally know that you have vacancies and ask them to pass your phone number on if they get an enquiry that they cannot accommodate. Make sure your details are on Family Information Services website (prev CIS).

Hope you get some work soon.

Cx

Annie_T
05-12-2008, 07:04 PM
have you got t-shirts with name and number on ? thats good way ..tho wont be walking round in just a t-shirt int his weather lol (but good when in a cafe, etc when take coat off)

get one/some of them bags brillminder does (see 4sale section)

do a leaflet drop up town (means standing there for bout 30mins-1hour handing leaflets to parents.

make sure your leaflet/posters are eye catching(on bright coloured paper, some pictures,bold letters)

id make sure your posters/leaflets are still in the places you left them (as some only leave up for a while)

hope this helps

Jennyschildcare
06-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Hello. I am in almost the exact same boat! I do have one mindee but only for 9 hours a week.

I am also pregnant, which I feel puts people off. I am only having 2 weeks off though so I am hoping it doesn't cause too much of an issue. BUT if I still only have this one mindee, it isn't worth my while doing it!

I haven't done leaflets yet, as I am having a website made at the mo so waiting to be able to include that on there. Will then drop them in through all the doors locally etc.

Do you have any young children? If so, I would go to local toddler groups, as close to you (or the school you will be doing pick ups from) as possible so you can get to know some Mums and other childminders. This is what I plan to do.

gemhei
06-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Im in same boat too i started a couple of months ago and have one mindee and 18mth old DD. Ive tried advertising online and in local shops etc with no luck. After xmas my website that DP making me should be ready and all my flyers so going to try drop them outside school etc. Good luck!