PDA

View Full Version : letter help please

emmadines
05-12-2008, 07:54 AM
I have just typed this and wondered if you wouldnt mind letting me know what you think?

Dear parents

Over the last week a handful of toys have either been damaged or broken. I have spoken to all the children (including my own) with regards to care of the toys. E.g. not biting the Lego to get it apart as other people touch it too.

I have also had to re inform them not to pull the dog about; this is for both their safety and the dogs. Although he is a friendly dog, we all get fed up of something or react if we get hurt. I have no worries with the dog getting the odd hug and some attention as he love this but for the children not co corner, smother or just not to get over bearing for him.

If you could please chat to your child/ren about this I would be extremely grateful

Many thanks

Emma Dines

Ps, just a reminder the setting is closed from the 22nd Dec and will re open on the 5th January 2009.

Thankyou

chels55
05-12-2008, 08:05 AM
it sounds great to me

SimplyLucy
05-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Personally I don't think I'd worry about toys being damaged or broken that much. I expect things like that to happen now and again and would worry that writing a letter would just make the parents think I'm being over fussy.

If you are having trouble with the lego being bitten then simply telling the children "I think we should put the lego away now as you are biting it when I asked you not to!" they'll soon learn.

As for the dog, yes thats difficult. What age are the dog lovers? If things are getting too much for my dog I remove the dog from the situation. Again I'd be reluctant to make a fuss over it with parents as you'll be putting great doubt into their minds over the dog and what could possibly happen.

Just my personal opinion. :blush:

emmadines
05-12-2008, 08:26 AM
The dog gets removed when and if is nessecary and some of the toys are ones that are my sons. he is told that he brings them down they they might get broken but I cant stop him from playing with them nor gonna tell him to play with them in his room. the parents know the dog and are fine with them but I can have shildren perpously breaking the toys which is actually what they are doing.

mushpea
05-12-2008, 11:31 AM
like the letter, it was nice , freindly but to the point aswell.
we have a dog and we have the rule that if hes on his bed he is to be left alone, i only have to remind them of this on a rare occasion but if they did keep pulling him about they would do time out then be made to say sorry to the dog (not that the dog understands :D ), with the baby (1yrold) i just keep taking her away from him saying 'no' and she does seem to be getting it, the dog also seems to know that the bed is his peaceful place as when hes had enough of the kids thats where he'll go to.
As for breaking the toys i would do like the other person said and say if you can't play with them nicely then i will put them away, that would be their warning then next time they did it they would go away (toys not children!).
I used to have a little girl that would pocket little toys to take home!! when i explained to her that if she contiuned to do this that she wouldn't be allowed to play with the toys it soon stopped.

emmadines
05-12-2008, 04:19 PM
like the letter, it was nice , freindly but to the point aswell.
we have a dog and we have the rule that if hes on his bed he is to be left alone, i only have to remind them of this on a rare occasion but if they did keep pulling him about they would do time out then be made to say sorry to the dog (not that the dog understands :D ), with the baby (1yrold) i just keep taking her away from him saying 'no' and she does seem to be getting it, the dog also seems to know that the bed is his peaceful place as when hes had enough of the kids thats where he'll go to.
As for breaking the toys i would do like the other person said and say if you can't play with them nicely then i will put them away, that would be their warning then next time they did it they would go away (toys not children!).
I used to have a little girl that would pocket little toys to take home!! when i explained to her that if she contiuned to do this that she wouldn't be allowed to play with the toys it soon stopped.

the toy situation has only been last and this week, i truely dont know whats going on with them. the bed is a good idea!!!