PDA

View Full Version : why can't they just phone

jackandjill
04-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Had 2 peaple ringing me wanting childcare from next year,and both failed to turn up. One was suppose to turn up at 4.30pm today and still no show and no phone call. Why can't people just phone and say they are not coming :angry:

cloud9
04-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Because nowadays people are rude and dont care if it wastes a mere childminders time!

helenlc
04-12-2008, 06:03 PM
I have had a few like this.

One was a few weeks ago. I got myself all ready, OH took my kids out (so I could have peace and quiet!) and the house was looking good ie not trashed from the days minding!! Anyway, they didnt show, so I called them. Asked for the mum and Dad said Er who is it? So I said Helen the childminder she was supposed to come and see. He said Hold on and I could hear he didnt go anywhere, then he came back on and said she would call me back.

Anyway, an hour later I called back as I was SO mad and wanted an answer. He passed me onto her and she said I will have to talk to partner and call you back. I never heard from them again!!

I have no idea what they look like or them know what I look like, so if I bumped into them in the street I wouldnt know any different. But why not just say We dont need child care anymore, thanks anyway.

But the not letting me know drives me mad. When I first started and could enquiries by email, I would write loads back. Now I am just brief and invite them to come and visit instead.

yummymummy
06-12-2008, 12:09 PM
It's funny in all the years I've childminded I have never been let down by parents who have contacted me by FIS if they have they have rung well in advance to cancel or change. I haven't advertised via Netmums but have answered 3 adverts from "desperate" parents and every single one of them has messed me about and then it has all come to nothing. I could tell they were all timewasters who were looking for cheaper fees than they had been quoted by childminders via FIS (because they all told me this!)
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that childminders now are forced to advertise in places to drum up business i.e internet, shops windows where it is easy to contact them anonymously just to find about prices etc and the parents or possibly competition are just scouting around for prices so have no intention of coming anyway!