PDA

View Full Version : urgent help and advise please

TRACEY1969
04-12-2008, 11:31 AM
A lady approached me a few months ago regarding going back to work after having a baby part time. Now she wants full time hours i said yes we agreed days and times I told her i would have to charge her a full week she didn't like that (two days start at 12) but i will be doing a 38.5hrs week. I do charge holdiay pay and she didn't like that either she wanted to pay her mom the money she got from Family Tax i told her she couldn't do that and if she did i would have to inform Family Tax ( am i right or wrong in doing this?). Her parnter came to see me this week and was very impressed she told me this in an email and that they were having me and starting in late February. I have just found out she is still ringing round other childminders and she has told them it is debateable if she is having me as they are full and have recommend me to her. My friends have told me today, i am so mad how can i tell her i am not interested now as i think she will mess me about but i would like to do this in a nice way by email as i am a coward but thats how we commicate to each other as well. She did ring me up before i found out this to see if i could do more hours for her (about 42hrs per week) i said no as i have school runs to do she said it was ok. Please advise me as i have kept this place open for her. I have 4 other children on my books part time so i am not in a hurry to fill my 0-1 vacancy.

yummymummy
04-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I am a coward so would say that someone else has come along and made immediate decision to use your services so vacancy no longer free!:littleangel:

yvonne
04-12-2008, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=TRACEY1969;284277]A lady approached me a few months ago regarding going back to work after having a baby part time. Now she wants full time hours i said yes we agreed days and times I told her i would have to charge her a full week she didn't like that (two days start at 12) but i will be doing a 38.5hrs week. I do charge holdiay pay and she didn't like that either she wanted to pay her mom the money she got from Family Tax i told her she couldn't do that and if she did i would have to inform Family Tax ( am i right or wrong in doing this?). Her parnter came to see me this week and was very impressed she told me this in an email and that they were having me and starting in late February. I have just found out she is still ringing round other childminders and she has told them it is debateable if she is having me as they are full and have recommend me to her. My friends have told me today, i am so mad how can i tell her i am not interested now as i think she will mess me about but i would like to do this in a nice way by email as i am a coward but thats how we commicate to each other as well. She did ring me up before i found out this to see if i could do more hours for her (about 42hrs per week) i said no as i have school runs to do she said it was ok. Please advise me as i have kept this place open for her. I have 4 other children on my books part time so i am not in a hurry to fill my 0-1 vacancy.[/QUOTE

I really cant see this lady problem it is a business you run, and a good one at that, if she is running around looking for someone else to look after her child, well its her lose, i take it she has been very happy with your service up till now, well the money side of it anyway. If i was you i would just say to her face to face or by e-mail,sorry but i cant take your child full time at this moment im really sorry. Like you said it's not as if you need this place taken up as you have 4 children anyway. I would report it too. Good luck in what ever you decide to do. Keep your chin up, im sure it will all work out for you . :)

Andrea08
04-12-2008, 01:02 PM
it sounds very word of mouth to me and if you haven't signed contracts i woud ring her and say
"i believe you are still looking for child care as some of the settings have been intouch regard your enquirey,...as contracts are not signed i am in no obligation to provide childcare for your xxxxx, i wish you luck in the surch for childcare that will suit both you and your families needs."

good luck hun let us know how you get on but its not worth starting a contract with a family that you already feel unconfortable with ok xxx

HFC
04-12-2008, 01:15 PM
it sounds very word of mouth to me and if you haven't signed contracts i woud ring her and say
"i believe you are still looking for child care as some of the settings have been intouch regard your enquirey,...as contracts are not signed i am in no obligation to provide childcare for your xxxxx, i wish you luck in the surch for childcare that will suit both you and your families needs."

good luck hun let us know how you get on but its not worth starting a contract with a family that you already feel unconfortable with ok xxx

Good advice. Be pleasant but explain the situation. Keep copies of any emails and document any phone conversations.

mandy moo
04-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Having been in a similar situation, I wish now I had had the advice given by yummy,and said sorry I was full.
I belive fully in a womans intuition, and wish I had followed mine back then.

TRACEY1969
04-12-2008, 02:08 PM
i have emailed her stating all my vacanies are full now due to an immediate start with another family and i hope she finds another childminder. She has rung round a few childminders and they are full and recommended me to her. Her reply was to a childminder i have spoken to Tracey but it was debatable whether i will have her. How does that sound to you. I feel quick relived that i have ended it as i don't think it would of work out and ending it when it had started would had been horrible. Many thanks for everyones advice i will let you know if she emails me again.

Andrea08
04-12-2008, 02:30 PM
good luck and i hope you fil your place , wish i had taken my own advice a few yrs ago lol oh we live n learn xxx

mandy moo
04-12-2008, 06:19 PM
i have emailed her stating all my vacanies are full now due to an immediate start with another family and i hope she finds another childminder. She has rung round a few childminders and they are full and recommended me to her. Her reply was to a childminder i have spoken to Tracey but it was debatable whether i will have her. How does that sound to you. I feel quick relived that i have ended it as i don't think it would of work out and ending it when it had started would had been horrible. Many thanks for everyones advice i will let you know if she emails me again.

debatable whether she wants you...ewww yuk horrid woman
give her the push..now
she sounds horrible and like future trouble if you have her child

angeldelight
05-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Glad you feel better after sending her an email back

Did she contact you again ?

Angel xx

emmadines
05-12-2008, 05:28 PM
I am a coward so would say that someone else has come along and made immediate decision to use your services so vacancy no longer free!:littleangel:

I would saya the same thing, "sorry I have ahad a full timer approch me the place has been taken sorry"

TRACEY1969
05-12-2008, 06:44 PM
OMG she rung me in tears and i didn't know what to say to her. After calming her down i explained why i had given the place to someone else (i still had the place) she told me she hadn't contacted anyone else and i asked why would people lie to me we are not in the business of doing that. To cut a long story short after begging me to have her little one i said it would be on my terms only and if anything like this happens again i will cancel, she agreed and brought a deposit round for me today to make sure she has the place. I know it hasn't started off on the right foot but i feel she has learnt her lesson. She only lives round the corner from me so i do know her a little bit and my sister is her hairdresser. We will see how things go i should start Feb/March time so i will keep in touch.