PDA

View Full Version : giving up...do I need to do anything?

gemmcd
04-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Hi _ as some may know I am no longer minding as of a couple of weeks. However I got a letter today asking to pay my fee - do I need to let OFSTED know I will no longer be minding or do I just not pay? Same with the City Council as I had a letter saying my childcare worker has changed and I will get a call in new year to arrange a meeting to introduce herself oh and also NCMA up for renewal - do I tell them or just ignore? Thanks! G

Monkey1
04-12-2008, 11:01 AM
You need to inform Ofsted and i think you need to return your registration certificate to them. Good luck with what you decide to do x

mrsb
04-12-2008, 11:01 AM
you need to let ofsted and ncma know then you won't have to pay your fees, I think that ofsted then inform your council as far as I am aware but you could always just send an email off to them to inform them :)

Andrea08
04-12-2008, 11:03 AM
VERY important to tell ofsted first give them a quick ring telling of the date you intend to stop and then you will have to send a letter with your certificate,

if you dont and want to work with children in the future it will be very difficult as ofsted will have suspend your registration!!!

good luck with your future xxx

gemmcd
04-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks! I do intend to work with children - just not as a childminder! I am giving up as have a job as a teacher after Christmas! Will phone OFSTED now! Thanks, G

sarah707
04-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Just be aware, if you cancel your registration now and then change your mind in the future, it is very very difficult to re-register.

If you have any thoughts at all about retunring to minding it might be best to pay your Ofsted registration fee for the year until you are sure you've made the right decision.

Obviously cancel the rest.

Good luck to you xx

wellybelly
04-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Sarah,

Why is so difficult to re-reg again? Im just being nosey, have no intention myself of giving up.

nikim
04-12-2008, 10:49 PM
to re-reg again you have to start the whole process from the beginning ,ie icp, pre-reg inspection crb etc, why i dont know, it seems ridiculous,
dont forget to tell the taxman as they will still expect you to send in a self assesmant if you dont inform them and you could end up with a large fine if you dont :panic:

bubbly
05-12-2008, 10:09 PM
^ Do you really have to do your ICP again? That seems total madness if you've passed it once. Doesn't the qualification stay with you?

Chatterbox Childcare
06-12-2008, 10:28 AM
You need to return your certificate to Ofsted resigning and then you will be taken off the main list with them and the CIS

I would email NCMA aswell and then they won't hassle you anymore

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Tired
06-12-2008, 04:44 PM
I dont know if this is true, but I heard that if you just don't pay, they will de-register you. This is treated almost the same as if you were prevented from working with children, i.e. you will have great trouble ever working with children again.
So, as others have said, if you are sure you never want to childmind again, write and tell them, dont let them de-register you.
If you are not so sure, pay up and tell them you have no children on roll at the moment. You can continue to be registered without children on roll for up to 5 years, as long as you carry on paying.