PDA

View Full Version : I'm i loosing my sence of humour ?

yvonne
04-12-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm i loosing my sence of humour ? went back to work on Tuesday tyo find a notice saying Parents enter at own risk. i I did not see the funny side of it, not like one of my staff. Yesterday i mentioned it to some friends and family members and they could see where i was coming from, my mum said never mind the parents then what abot the children, good point i said. The way i see it when a new parent arrives, with their child to see the club for the first time what are they going to think, but what is this poster saying about children we do have at the moment. I asked my daughter who is 21 soon and even she could'nt see the funny side of it, are we all loosing our sence of humour ? What has the credit crunch done to us ? :D Not back at my club till Wed, and not looking forward to it one little bit, as i have this member of staff, basicily trying to tell me my rules point less :angry: :panic: :angry: just like childminding we have rules for a reason ( HEALTH & SAFETY ) i did explain to him about the seriousness of it all, and all he said was yeah i can see your point, but for the few mths i have been here its been fine the way he has been doing it . :panic: :panic:

CCJD
04-12-2008, 12:22 PM
I can remember a time when this type of poster wouldnt have been given a second thought. But that was also a time when peoples perception of childcare settings was just a bunch of children running riot round a room with carers who were simply doing it for pin money becuase they couldnt do anything else.
We are all striving so hard to boost our image - to have people recognise that we are professionals who take our job of raising, caring for and educating seriously. We are trained and our settings are stimulating and structured. This kind of poster just doesnt convey that kind of image.

The staff member who put this up was most likely just trying to show that it is a fun (not too serious setting) but a good collage of photos put together of children having all sorts of fun would have put the message across better. A picutre of staff and children laughing and interacting and clearing enjoying themselves would have been just as "fun" but more professional and accurate an image. Maybe this could be a project for the member of staff who didnt really get it.

This issue wasnt really about having a sense of humour - it was about how we portray our sense of humour within our working environment.

Good luck

mandy moo
04-12-2008, 02:03 PM
No your not losing your sense of humor, it is prehaps just slightly diffrent to the person who put the notice up.
I had one before I started minding, that said beware of the children. I took it down when I started minding simply becoz I realised it might offend some people.
But my husband didnt take down the one on the front gate that said BEWARE OF WIFE.
He thought that extremley funny, I still dont know why :laughing:

tinkerbelle
04-12-2008, 04:24 PM
id have found that amusing my door mat at present reads desperate housewife lives here and my old one said never mind the dogs beware of the children all my parent find it amusing so i dont see a problem

Rubybubbles
04-12-2008, 06:06 PM
I lost my sense of humor a while back! hubby told me so, I so boring now:(

mandy moo
04-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Here you are bubbles have a smile instead:D
Lets face it when your wiping snotty noses and changing smelly nappies you gotta have a sense of humour

yvonne
06-12-2008, 03:19 PM
id have found that amusing my door mat at present reads desperate housewife lives here and my old one said never mind the dogs beware of the children all my parent find it amusing so i dont see a problem

Now i find that funnny . I just felt as some parents might take offence with this poster, and what is this saying about how we run the place. Thankyou all for you comments..:clapping: :D