PDA

View Full Version : yet another toy broken!- should I write a letter help plz

emmadines
03-12-2008, 04:18 PM
I think this will be the 4/5 toy that's been broken due to carelessness or just on purpose in less then a week! do any of you have toys that are being broken this often???:censored:

I don't know how to approach this, this is not normal behaviour to them as I think I stated in the other post, in this one I'm asking whether I should send home a letter to families? If so what should I put? How do I approach this, I also need to refer to the dog and ask the parents to reiterate not to surround the dog, I'm telling the till I'm blue in the face.

PixiePetal
03-12-2008, 04:36 PM
I would do a newsletter type of letter. Add other things too and give to all parents so no-one is singled out at this stage. :(

Depends how well you know the parents too. Some I know I could tell direct if I knew it was their child purposely breaking things and would get support to stop it.

emmadines
03-12-2008, 04:41 PM
its pretty much everyone, its not theirs so they dont care

I feel really deflated today I know its something stupid but its ticked me off

PixiePetal
03-12-2008, 04:45 PM
what age are the children? If they are old enough to understand I would only get limited toys out to start and tell them why.

ajs
03-12-2008, 05:04 PM
sorry i don't know any fo the other details but i gave notice to one child aged 11 who kept breaking the baby toys.
no matter how many times i asked him not to touch them he would sit on the push alongs and break their wheels or play with toys that were too young for him so they got broken
in the end i told his mum that he was obviously bored and that i didn't think it was fair to him for him to continue coming