PDA

View Full Version : sleeping room

Fee
23-01-2008, 05:08 PM
I've just read one of the other threads, and I am abit confused, what is a sleeping room. Is it a room only for a cot for the younger ones to sleep in and do you need to make it completely child safe, I live in a bungalow with the loft done and that is our bed room. I considered having it available for the mindees for sleeping but did not want to have to baby safe it completely, so did not bother. Am considering it again because I will have another child starting and that will make 2X 14 months and they both usually sleep at the same time.

Fee

berkschick
23-01-2008, 05:12 PM
My mindee sleeps in my bedroom in a travel cot. I havent had to totally child proof the room, well I wasnt told I had to anyway! But M is in a travel cot and can not climb out. As I have my own child the same age there are no lotions or potions lying about and the spare socket has a cover on it.

Love

Debbie

LittleMissSparkles
23-01-2008, 05:44 PM
I thought you had to have the children with in sight of you at all times ? and that upstairs is out of bounds unless you have an upstairs toilet or are registered for overnight care for a bedroom ?

xxx

berkschick
23-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Really? I dont know that! :panic:

When OFSTED did my pre-reg, they asked to see where the baby would sleep so I showed them my room and they were happy with that. I do have the baby monitor on and I check on M every 15 mins.

Love

Debbie

Mollymop
23-01-2008, 06:00 PM
I am going to have upstairs out of bounds and have a travel cot downstairs as I think it would worry me having a child so far out of the eyes way. (I am a complete worrier) But my friend who is a childminder too has a quiet/sleep room upstairs, etc, and she finds it ideal.

manjay
23-01-2008, 06:04 PM
I thought you had to have the children with in sight of you at all times ? and that upstairs is out of bounds unless you have an upstairs toilet or are registered for overnight care for a bedroom ?

xxx

The only room in my house not registered is my bedroom. The upstairs rooms are available for sleeping children.

amanda xx

sarah707
23-01-2008, 06:07 PM
All my house is registered except the loft as you can't register a 3rd storey... children have to be in sight or hearing at all times, so a baby monitor is ok :D

berkschick
23-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Phew, I wont panic anymore then :D

So if you have 2 mindees asleep in seperate rooms upstairs, would you need 2 monitors or would one on the landing be ok? I would check them every 15 mins too.

Love

Debbie

sarah707
23-01-2008, 06:55 PM
You have to be confident you can hear or see them at all times - that's what the standards say x :D

berkschick
23-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Ah ok! Better take the ear plugs out then :D

Debbie

Rubybubbles
26-01-2008, 05:30 PM
My mindee sleeps in my bedroom in a travel cot. I havent had to totally child proof the room, well I wasnt told I had to anyway! But M is in a travel cot and can not climb out. As I have my own child the same age there are no lotions or potions lying about and the spare socket has a cover on it.

Love

Debbie

snap, Ofsted reg the whole house for me

Angela234
26-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I use a bedroom for sleeping babies with a cot in it and of course a monitor Ofsted saw me put a baby to sleep up there and was happy with the room and supervison i check baby every 15 mins.

I also have a single bed in their as i am registered for overnight care

Angela

Twinkles
26-01-2008, 05:43 PM
I have one travel cot in the spare room and one in the playroom. When I moved in here 5 years ago the inspector didn't even want to see the spare room ' One bedroom is much like another' :eek:
I have made it child friendly though you never know when they are going to be able to climb out.