PDA

View Full Version : diaries????

emmadines
02-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Im trying to reduce my workload and have thought about doing a weekly diary instead of a daily one?

I was wondering if you had any surggestion how I could do it??

I thought I would do a table with a column for am and one for pm then maybe at the bottom column to cover a weekly ob if it arrises and then one for planning.

chantelbutterwo
02-12-2008, 10:46 PM
I keep a weekly diary for my own reference.
It's one A4 page for each week that I use.
I wouldn't even split it into am and pm, just the day and what you've done etc.
I note any observations for the day it happened.

Andrea08
02-12-2008, 10:50 PM
i have 2 diarys one "Quick" notes for me daily.
and one for parents every day.

and all the other paperwork that goes with the job xx

emmadines
02-12-2008, 10:58 PM
i have 2 diarys one "Quick" notes for me daily.
and one for parents every day.

and all the other paperwork that goes with the job xx

This is my point, its too much, I have 4 kids each day (although the norm I suppose for most of you) Ive only been doing this since august so Im just trying to find an easier rout. well Im hopping theres one

sarah707
03-12-2008, 07:47 AM
You have to show you are communicating with parents every day... I'm not sure how you do that weekly??

Plus parents are wanting to know all the routine stuff - what they've eaten, when they've slept, how much they've drunk, whether they've had fun...

Would you have time at handover to say all that every day?

I have something weekly for older children.

emmadines
03-12-2008, 08:22 AM
You have to show you are communicating with parents every day... I'm not sure how you do that weekly??

Plus parents are wanting to know all the routine stuff - what they've eaten, when they've slept, how much they've drunk, whether they've had fun...

Would you have time at handover to say all that every day?

I have something weekly for older children.

Oh I do that when they are getting their coats on. mostly the parents tell me that free play is enough as they are before and after school only. they will get a copy of the weekly diary every friday. I started to do them this week so will see how they go.

jeanybeany
04-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Don't know if this will help, but for my lo's that aren't at school, I have a daily sheet which they take home each day and for the older ones I have a weekly sheet which is in a folder and I send this home each night and ask pasrents to put it in their school bag for the next time they are here.

donnahay0
05-12-2008, 01:57 PM
I have a daily diary that I use for myself. In this I have children attended, list of snacks provided, reminders for me to do, plans for the day and then what we actually did - which will show that we don't always follow a ridgid plan and are flexible according to the child's interests etc.

I have recently re-done my daily diaries for each parent into a printable sheet which contains everything on it - the diary write up, observations, next steps and planning - this means I can set it home with the parents. One of them gets e-mailed everyday. At the end of each week I use another sheet to sum up the whole week and provide details of plans for next week or topics we might cover etc and again this has an area for parents comments.

Don't know how this will pan out as it is in the early stages but I wanted to cut down on the amount of printing and paper I use - this seems to do the trick.

Mind you, afterschoolers only have a daily contact book which gets used if I or the parents needs to write anything of importance in or things to remember. I do not do a daily diary for them unless the parent asks.