PDA

View Full Version : Totally fed up!

Banana
23-01-2008, 04:38 PM
with myself for being so soft and with parents for takin the ****!

I am supposed to get paid from a parent today who was supposed to pay monday.... its a regular thing being oaid 2 days late, kind of gets on my nerves now but my own fault as I always say, oh dont worry bring it wednesday.... why do i say that! This week i have had so many bills too that I have had to call 2 companies and tell them I'll pay them a couple of days late (i now will get late charges) because she hasnt paid - also, didnt get paid for baby this morning either, will bring it tonight but I like to get paid in the morning before doing any minding for them.... this way I wouldnt run the risk of being done out of any money. However I have every faith the baby's parents will pay as they are yet to not do so.

wrote the above earlier!

The babaies parents will pay, im not concerned.

The other mum didnt - I am so livid!!

Oh - so sorry... totally forgot to bring your money! Really, you never forget to drop your son off and pick him up do you?? You always remember that! So why is it so ****** hard to remember that the woman you drop him to needs paying...... like agreed in the contract YOU SIGNED

Im extra angry because we have now not gone to the library to return our overdue dvd which will now cost me an extra week rental because I wont get it in until tomorrow now. I put all my cash from mondays payments into the bank to cover bills coming out this week so have no cash on me until I get paid at 6 and I wanted to pop into morrisons on the way to Library and pick up some milk and bread and something for dinner that I could wack in the oven cos im exhausted today and cant be A**** to cook - so now I have to do that too!

SO now poor Richard who has been in London the last 2 days and will be tired driving back has to go and stop off and pick up the stuff I intended to this afternoon. I have also had to deal with Isabelle having a monster tantrum because I told her we'd go and get some new books out from the library but since we owe money on the dvd I didnt want the whole hassle of the librarian being snotty about not paying for it then - its only £4 but I have zero cash on me!!!

Anyway - the mum said i'll pop it round later I said ok, but I do need it today. ANY NEWBIES OUTHERE THS IS WHY YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO BE SOFT AND LET PARENTS GET AWAY WITH NOT PAYING ON TIME!!!!

SHe apologised again and I said ok -I'll see you later then.

I dont think she has any intention of paying tonight! If she doesnt its gonna be a nice surprise for her as I am going to apply my late charge to each day it is late for and hand her an invoice!!!

Prime example of how parents can take the ****! Its just ****** rude!!

A very Stressed out. tired , let down, Banana

xx

Trouble
23-01-2008, 04:43 PM
late payment charges are the only way also ask at the library for a childminding card you can have books long or get them out in your daughters name them you wont have to pay sorry you had such a s*** day :(

littlestar
23-01-2008, 04:43 PM
oh poor you i hope you feel slightly better now let us no how you get on with this please ill cross my fingers for you :)

bestmum2have
23-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi Banana,
Sorry to hear your having trouble. The same thing has happened to me time and time again.
Theres no easy answer, I bet you feel better for blowing off steam, but that does't pay bills does it.
Get tough with your parents. You run a proffessional business, parents shouldn't take the ****.
Keep you chin up and be firm.
Toni:

Banana
23-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Yeah, the books are out under Belles name but Its cos I always give in toi the dvd's she wants that we've got a charge!! SHe never wants to take them back on time and sometimes we forget too lol

xx

angeldelight
23-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Poor you Lana

What can I say?

Your day started crap and ended crap ?

Hope she does come back and pay you can not see it but sounds like you are going to kick her up the ass if she does not haha

Good vibes coming your way

Angel xx

Banana
23-01-2008, 04:59 PM
kick her up the ass you mean Angel lol :laughing:

prob best she doesnt come back tonight with the mood im in!

baby has been asleep for 30 mins tho.... thats one good thing :D

berkschick
23-01-2008, 05:10 PM
What a nightmare, why are parents so inconsiderate? Is hard talking money too.

I really hope she comes back to pay you later

Love

Debbie

angeldelight
23-01-2008, 05:12 PM
haha I did not even notice that I had done that Lana

I was writing a birthday card at the same time and put " love and kisses" must have had it on my mind and put kiss instead
Good job I did not put kick up the ass in the card haha

Have a nice relaxing evening and forget about her for tonight if you can

Hugs

Angel xx

sarah32
23-01-2008, 05:18 PM
I know how you feel, late payment for me this week, also had to hold off paying bills until cheque went into account, parents just dont think. I bet if they got paid late they'd be screaming at there boss.

Parent also my only income so really hits hard when they dont pay on time.

Hope tomorrow is a better day:)

Mollymop
23-01-2008, 05:25 PM
How bad and inconsiderate the parents are to you banana. I feel so sorry for you. I hope you get your money soon as it's not nice having no money and the parents need to know this. They probably think you don't need the money straight away. I bet you feel horrible asking people for money, I know I would have a problem with it too.

Trouble
23-01-2008, 05:26 PM
ask them for cash, so when you get your money you dont have to wait for it to clear, i had a lady that paid me 10 days late and asked if she could give me a cheque i said no and it had gone up by £50 late payment fee she never did it again and i stopped taking cheques, if she had said were broke can i give it you next week i would of been a bit more understanding, but i was sick of people messing me around because i was new:panic:

berkschick
23-01-2008, 05:46 PM
I have it in my policies that I do not accept cheques.

With internet banking there is NO excuse not to pay!

Love

Debbie

LittleMissSparkles
23-01-2008, 05:48 PM
I can totally empathise Lana I hope she pays you very soon, add late charges to it she may think twice in the future and stop messing you about xxx

sarah707
23-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Oh poor you Lana... virtual hugs coming your way...

:group hug:

Lou
23-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Oh Lana sorry you have had such a crap day, seems mostpeople have!!!

I agree you need to implement your late charges!!!!

I really hate it when people say to me ill drop your money round to you....

Cant get your shopping in Tescos and then drop money in can you!!!!!!!

Good luck, hope she brings it round tonight xx

Minnie Minx
23-01-2008, 07:15 PM
oh lana, big squishy hugs to you, what a rotten day :( hope you're putting on huge late fees to her bill

xxx

gailee
23-01-2008, 07:35 PM
well lana i'm in same boat parents think they can away with it theres no excuse my parent gets her child care paid for but still short change me £71 and her kids not coming on tuesdays because thats her day off now but i still charging her she's not asked to amend her contract so she's still paying?? ;) and i HATE asking people for money? SO I think come the first of feb i might add a late payment charge i didn't put it on her contract but i have on my new ones !!! live and learn

charleyfarley
23-01-2008, 08:10 PM
So sorry you've had a rotten day Lana

Parents just don't realise how much we depend on getting paid on time, don't know why as they rely on their wages.

I had a parent years ago who didn't pay, my fault for being too soft, anyway she worked in a hairdressers and I felt like having my hair done there and then saying take it off what you owe me and walking out.

Didn't have the nerve though.

Definately don't except cheques though unless for your own bank, they clear the same day.

Cheer up Lana, tomorrow is another day and hopefully they will pay you, late fees included.

Carol xx

emler
23-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Oh dear what a day Lana! Hope she has been round to pay by now. Definately think late payment charges are the way to go

Emler x

berkschick
23-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Did you get paid Lana?

Love

Debbie

Banana
24-01-2008, 11:17 AM
I dont accept cheques either... I dont think it would make any difference cash or cheque it would still be late :rolleyes:

She did drop the money round at 5.30. Then............. you wont even believe.

The dad of the baby arrived with no payment. Said really sorry etc etc... he'd left it on the side at home and rushed out without picking it up. He asked if I needed it and I said. ' yes I do, I'm just about to go shopping and was relying on that tonight' He apologised again, went straight home and got it and brought it back.. I really do think this was a genuine mistake because they always pay on time. I was still naffed off though because instead of going straight out the door at 6 like I had planned I was then delayed for half an hour waiting for the money. Didnt end up getting home til 8pm and Isabelle was exhausted!

I think my face must have said it all when he said he didnt have the money - I feel a bit bad now - they are normally fine for paying.

xx

angeldelight
24-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Hahaha oh well never mind - it might have been a first time but if you were that mad I bet he wont do it again

So looks like you have prevented that happening again haha

Poor man !!!

Angel xxx

Banana
24-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Maybe I should apologise tonight incase he thought I was really angry :laughing:

xx

angeldelight
24-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Maybe you should just be really nice and not say a word

I have a habit of digging myself into a hole and rambling when I try to put things right

Do not mention this morning - just be very friendly so he knows everything is ok

Angel xx

Mollymop
24-01-2008, 11:45 AM
I think he'll be ok about it, like Angel says, be really nice and cheerful towards him- he probably thought you were having a bad day.
Glad you got it sorted.

Rubybubbles
24-01-2008, 01:19 PM
oh lana, think you scarey baby dad though:laughing: good he wont do it again!!