PDA

View Full Version : The Credit Crunch is starting in my house now...

mrs lilly
02-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Well having now just about gotten over last weeks incident with OFSTED/SS my fav parent comes to pick up her LO early as she got made redundant today :( I love her LO to pieces and she was so upset both about work and the future for her lo and whether she will stay with me ect.. I have been back off my hols for 10 days and feel more stressed than before I went right now! :(

I am already hitting the wine and my lo isn't even in bed yet! :o

crazybones
02-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Oh no. Did she have to give you notice? :(

I have started the wine too. Had to open the expensive Xmas stuff (Well £4.80 a bottle is more expensive than my usual 3 for £10. :rolleyes:

Lou
02-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Oh no, will she be able to get another job do you think?

I hope things start looking up soon xxx

sarah707
02-12-2008, 07:45 PM
I think we all live in fear of that happening to us too.

Sending hugs xx

mrs lilly
02-12-2008, 07:48 PM
I didn't think it could get worse today and it just has!!:panic: :panic:

H found out at work today that the 1st phase of redundancies is likely to start in about 2 weeks, and there will e a few phases. He works for a large US investment bank which got bought out and this is the start of the merger! I am going to bed and not getting up until next year I think!!

flora
02-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Hope tomorrow brings a better day :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
02-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Oh no im sorry, ive already hit my xmas baileys, poo week too x :thumbsup:

miffy
02-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Oh I'm really sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed his job is safe and your mindees mum finds another job.

Miffy xx

helenlc
02-12-2008, 09:34 PM
MY OH works for MFI, well at least he did until last Friday when he went into work and the administrators sent them all home. Effective immediately!!

He is off to the Job Centre on Thursday to see what they can advise/offer.

I have just had a little one start full time and so we thought we would be laughing this Christmas and able to buy lots of nice things for the kids. And now my money isnt extra but the only money we have coming in!!! Ho Hum!!

ChocolateChip
03-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Sorry to hear about all your troubles, everyone.
It's starting to affect everyone isn't it, I have one family whose dad has been laid off, another who's firm is in trouble and my niece's oh got laid off aswell.
Let's just hope it will be better in the New Year! :(

Cammie Doodle
04-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Mmmm On returning from holiday 1 parent (who Carolyn and I heve shared)has changed her job, so only needs 3 days part time instead of 4 full days and no longer needs after school care for her son and wont need school hols either!!!!! Another parent rang to change contracted hours from 4 to 3 after school days for 2 children . Hoping that's going to be it, but not holding my breath.

Rubybubbles
04-12-2008, 01:49 PM
sorry to here everyones news:(

marion123
04-12-2008, 07:42 PM
it can only get better so keep your chins up lets hope the new year is a better one xx

angeldelight
05-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Sorry to hear that

Hope things get better for you

ANgel xx

Spangles
05-12-2008, 10:05 AM
It's very frightening isn't it. I was too young in the last recession to have noticed it myself but this time is obviously very different.

I am sorry to hear all of your bad news and hope it all works out in the end.

It's horrible having to watch every penny like this, hopefully the country will get back on its' feet very quickly.