PDA

View Full Version : whens the best start to advertise?

emmaalex
23-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi, im am currently still waiting for my crb checks to come back, which won't be for another few weeks. Im hoping to be registered by april.

I was wondering when the best time was to start advertising for mindees. I havent got my dates yet for my icp couse yet but im booked on my first-aid course in april.

Thanks for any help Emma. xx

littlestar
23-01-2008, 04:16 PM
hi emma i am still awaiting my crb and am advertising locally i have stated that i will not be reg for about 2 months i think its best to advertise when you feel ready have a few hopfulls on your books :)

littlesprogs
23-01-2008, 04:49 PM
i personally would not advertise until you've had your crb back. Mine took 4 months to come back and i'm now just waiting for my certificate.

If you advertise too early and get people interested but then have to keep them waited for months you could get a bad reputation before you've even started and the best form of advertisment is word of mouth.

Trouble
23-01-2008, 04:51 PM
i would advertise but tell any inquiry what you are waiting for to come back ie crb beacause they might wait or the might need you nearer the time, dont spend all your budget on it just put one out and put the rest out later on, i had a lady wait 3 months for placing a baby

Banana
23-01-2008, 04:57 PM
I agree wit+h littlesprogs.

I advertised before i was registerd and it was a bit risky. the enquiry i got was everyday 8-1.30 which was quite good but i was waiting on crbs and stressed myself and the parents out i think with all the worrying about being able to start on time. luckily they loved me:blush: and said they would wait for me to get registered anyway! I've been minding a year and still have my first mindee! He's lovely and im glad it worked out in the end.

it was just very stressful having a meeting.. the parents wanting to go ahead and there was nothing i could do. so prob best to wait but its a personal decision

x

berkschick
23-01-2008, 05:17 PM
As long as you are honest then advertise ASAP!

I did and I had 3 mindees lined up for when I started but sadly lost one because they couldnt wait any longer.

Love

Debbie

Mollymop
23-01-2008, 05:57 PM
It's probably best to wait Emma, I am waiting like you and I am real tempted to advertise but I think if i got anyone on my books I would be stressed about the whole thing taking so long, etc. Maybe start to advertise when you are in your final stages. But then it is up to you. XX:)

LittleMissSparkles
23-01-2008, 06:42 PM
As long as you are honest then advertise ASAP!

I did and I had 3 mindees lined up for when I started but sadly lost one because they couldnt wait any longer.

Love

Debbie

I agree with Debbie, I d advertise now and if anyone enuired id tell them you are in the process of registering and starting a wait list up and if they would like to be out on it fine if they wanna look else were cause cant wait then at least you are getting noticed. I had 2 children waiting to start with me one was for full time and they are both still here xxx

emmaalex
24-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks ev1 for ur advice.

i was thinking of waiting till at least my crb came back, coz ur right if i start too early and i don't got registered for another few months they are going to be waiting around or they will just find someone else that is already minding.

Im going to ring ofstead next week to see how my progress is getting on and how far along the crb checks are.

Emma. xxx

littlestar
24-01-2008, 04:22 PM
emma you can check online on the crb website you just need your reference number give crb a call and they will give you it.

angeldelight
24-01-2008, 04:23 PM
I agree with Debbie and Susan

Good luck

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
26-01-2008, 01:21 PM
I would do it now. Most of my enquires are for babys, and now the start back is 9 months for mums

I had 2 phone calls for a November baby start this week:D